SiouxSports.com Forum

Spring Game Schedule

maximushuber

COMPLETE 2009 UND SPRING FOOTBALL GAME DAY SCHEDULE

8 a.m.

Tailgating opens in Alerus Center Parking lot

10 a.m.

Kids clinics inside Alerus Center (grades K-8)

Registration begins at 9:45 a.m. (Enter through Door 1)

Instruction by members of the football, volleyball, women's basketball, and soccer teams

11 a.m.

Fighting Sioux Club party begins at Playmakers Lounge

11:30 a.m.

Events begin on concourse

* Pro player autographs - Jim Kleinsasser, Weston Dressler, Scott Schultz, Chad Mustard, Chris Kuper

* Face painting

* Music by Jazz on Tap

UND Student Challenge begins (Enter through Student Entrance)

1 p.m.

2009 UND Green-White scrimmage begins!!

COMPLETE 2009 UND SPRING FOOTBALL GAME DAY SCHEDULE

8 a.m.

Tailgating opens in Alerus Center Parking lot

10 a.m.

Kids clinics inside Alerus Center (grades K-8)

Registration begins at 9:45 a.m. (Enter through Door 1)

Instruction by members of the football, volleyball, women's basketball, and soccer teams

11 a.m.

Fighting Sioux Club party begins at Playmakers Lounge

11:30 a.m.

Events begin on concourse

* Pro player autographs - Jim Kleinsasser, Weston Dressler, Scott Schultz, Chad Mustard, Chris Kuper

* Face painting

* Music by Jazz on Tap

UND Student Challenge begins (Enter through Student Entrance)

1 p.m.

2009 UND Green-White scrimmage begins!!

Another function that you may be interested in: the CanadInn has remodeled the Playmakers Lounge, which is now the All-American Lounge. It is entirely decorated in Sioux memorabilia. On Friday from 5:00 to 7:00 they will be hosting a special event in honor of their remodel with Kleinsasser, Kuper, Mustard and Dressler on hand to sign autographs. Should be fun.

I thought the defense looked pretty good today. The d-line and secondary in particular should be much improved.

As for the offense, it was pretty vanilla and kind of hard to judge. I thought Sutton looked quite good at running back. My biggest concern may be the talent level at receiver. Bamba isn't starting, and he's the only receiver on the roster who has done anything in a game or who has really shown the ability to be a playmaker.

from what I've heard the coaches are kind of fed up with bamba's attitude and the fact that he still hasn't learned the offense. If you listen to the broadcast you can hear mussman say the same thing.

From what I've seen matt cole, kellen leupp, and ryan konrath have had nice springs. I would expect that konrath, luepp and cole to start with bamba helping out. Dressler has been impressive this spring also.

from what I've heard the coaches are kind of fed up with bamba's attitude and the fact that he still hasn't learned the offense. If you listen to the broadcast you can hear mussman say the same thing.

From what I've seen matt cole, kellen leupp, and ryan konrath have had nice springs. I would expect that konrath, luepp and cole to start with bamba helping out. Dressler has been impressive this spring also.

I have no problem with rewarding seniors who have stuck around despite not playing much. But it's hard not to be somewhat concerned when our likely top three receivers combined for something like 13 catches and 100 yards last year. If Bamba hasn't earned p.t., so be it. But somebody else with speed needs to step up and provide a deep threat/be a playmaker, or else teams are going to just put eight in the box and dare us to throw. Maybe a transfer gets brought in this summer? ???

Drew Daggett had a few catches. I've assumed, given his size and track accomplishments, that he'd be a candidate to start or at least see considerable playing time. And was Chris Anderson, previously described by Mussman as the "other speed guy" to go with Bamba, on the field today? I don't recall seeing him.

Drew Daggett had a few catches. I've assumed, given his size and track accomplishments, that he'd be a candidate to start or at least see considerable playing time. And was Chris Anderson, previously described by Mussman as the "other speed guy" to go with Bamba, on the field today? I don't recall seeing him.

I believe Anderson did play. It looked to me like the second group of receivers was Bamba, Anderson and Daggett, with Heimler also rotating in some. I can't remember if Dressler was playing or not.

If I'm not mistaken, I think there are nine receivers on the roster, and five came to UND as walk-ons. It seems that since the incredible class of 2004 that included Dressler, Trenbeath, Nicholas and Caufield, we haven't had much luck finding receivers.

Did anyone who attended the spring game and received a roster notice any losses/defections/additions from what was expected after last year? Was the JUCO transfer LB there?

I didn't see Moody (the juco transfer LB) out there, but I did watch the replay on fightingsioux.com and Mussman, who was in the booth with Hammer and Mike Berg during the first half, talked briefly about the two jucos and said something to the effect that Moody is a little ahead of McKendry in terms of adjusting to this level of football, so he's evidently still on the team.

I didn't see Moody (the juco transfer LB) out there, but I did watch the replay on fightingsioux.com and Mussman, who was in the booth with Hammer and Mike Berg during the first half, talked briefly about the two jucos and said something to the effect that Moody is a little ahead of McKendry in terms of adjusting to this level of football, so he's evidently still on the team.

Interesting comment. In his blog, Wayne Nelson said McKendry would be on O line starter if the season were starting today. I suppose that may take into account Bondy's injury, but hard to square that observation with Mussman's comment. And where's McGurran? Oh well, a lot of time and practice to sort it out befor the season opener.

Interesting comment. In his blog, Wayne Nelson said McKendry would be on O line starter if the season were starting today. I suppose that may take into account Bondy's injury, but hard to square that observation with Mussman's comment. And where's McGurran? Oh well, a lot of time and practice to sort it out befor the season opener.

I think Mussman's point was that it's a little easier for a defensive player than an offensive lineman to quickly learn the system. Of course, as an old o-line coach, he may be a little biased. ??? McKendry must be doing fine though, because he's likely going to start at tackle along with Bondy. It should be pointed out that he's still very young, as I believe he's a 2008 high school grad.

I think McGurran is the backup at center right now.

One other interesting factoid that I picked up from listening to Mussman's comments during the internet broadcast of the spring game--the fastest player on the team is freshman db Erik Mersereau. It sounds like he has a real chance to contribute this year.

The new Playmakers Lounge is quite impressive with all the new UND themed garb in the building. My friend was asking me for a place online where he could maybe see photos of it. Anybody have an idea where I might be able to show him pics online of the new lounge?