SiouxSports.com Forum

Regional start times to help in planning

01grad

I found the times and dates on a website and thought I would list them for people to plan on either buying regional tickets for the west and hoping to still catch the Sioux on television depending on where they are at or just deciding the best strategy for being able to attend or tune in. I found these on an NCAA website so correct me if they are wrong and have been changed. This will be fun to check from time to time as the bracketology's and other forecasts come out for pairing.

All times are central and pm of course!

Friday March 27th

East-4:00 and 7:30

West-4:30 and 8:00

Saturday March 28th

Midwest-5:00 and 8:00

Northeast-2:30 and 6:00

East-7:30

West-8:00

Sunday March 29th

Northeast-6:30

Midwest-9:00

If the Sioux are put in the midwest regional and are a #2 seed, would they play in the first or second game? Just checking on this scenario to make sure I can watch the Sioux on television and then cheer against the gophers at Mariucci if they happen to make it in keeping my tickets to the west.

If they play in the midwest it would most likely mean they didn't get a one seed and put in the west, so if they were a number two, doesn't the number one seed usually play first to have more time to rest or is it like the final five in that the higher seed or bigger draw plays at night?

Thanks for the help and I look forward to seeing many of you tonight in St. Paul!

I wish the day would go by quicker!

If the Sioux are put in the midwest regional and are a #2 seed, would they play in the first or second game? Just checking on this scenario to make sure I can watch the Sioux on television and then cheer against the gophers at Mariucci if they happen to make it in keeping my tickets to the west.

If they play in the midwest it would most likely mean they didn't get a one seed and put in the west, so if they were a number two, doesn't the number one seed usually play first to have more time to rest or is it like the final five in that the higher seed or bigger draw plays at night?

Thanks for the help and I look forward to seeing many of you tonight in St. Paul!

I wish the day would go by quicker!

who knows. im gona guess the late game as the 1 seed usually plays during the day. just to early to know any of this. we will know sunday morning. not that far away

The only way the sioux are going to be placed into the West regional (minneapolis), is if they take the #1 position. This means they have to take the WCHA trophy this weekend. This will leap frog them ahead of Denver in the Pairwise and national polls. Right now, Denver is the top seed, but if the sioux take are able to take care of business this weekend, then they control where they end up. (midwest is in Grand Rapids, Michigan, and will most likely have notre dame as the top seed there)

In the past, they have placed the Sioux in the North East Regional, and will most likely have to play a Boston University team to get to the final 4. So this weekends' games are HUGE

The only way the sioux are going to be placed into the West regional (minneapolis), is if they take the #1 position. This means they have to take the WCHA trophy this weekend. This will leap frog them ahead of Denver in the Pairwise and national polls. Right now, Denver is the top seed, but if the sioux take are able to take care of business this weekend, then they control where they end up. (midwest is in Grand Rapids, Michigan, and will most likely have notre dame as the top seed there)

In the past, they have placed the Sioux in the North East Regional, and will most likely have to play a Boston University team to get to the final 4. So this weekends' games are HUGE

not true as if the gophers are a 4 seed and we are a 1 seed they will avoid a wcha match up first round. also they can be placed there as a 2 seed as well with michigan being a 1 seed, gophs a 4 seed then another team as a 3 seed so there are possibilities to end up there for sure

also DU would probably have to lose both games if we won the final 5 and got a 1 seed which is possible with their injury situation. the only way the sioux get placed in the west regional as a 1 seed is if the gophs dont make the ncaa tourney because if they won the final 5 and move up to a 3 seed and we stay as a 2 then that would be another wcha match up the ncaa would avoid for a 1st round matchup