SiouxSports.com Forum

Dean Blais on Letterman

Local Boy

I'm three hours earlier than you, so thanks for the heads up! There was a 'teaser' about an hour before the show actually started and Blais' picture was shown for it. Letterman massacred Blais' name! Of all the pics, IMO, Blais looked more like Letterman than all the other guys. Letterman did mention having Blais host the show. Now that would be something to watch!

Is it online anywhere?

If you really want it the show will send you a copy of it but they charge for it. The reason I know is that 5 years ago after returning home from coaching a game I put the show on. As I was falling asleep I thought I heard my name. When I woke up they were doing "Viewer Mail" and they were reading my letter. After the letter was read they did a short skit on it.

My letter was: "Hey Dave, How fast can you run the mile?" His reply was "Oh, in about an hour. But our cue card man Tony can run a mile in under 4 minutes." Then they did a dream sequence with Tony running around NYC in just under 4 minutes.

I got the tape a week later and it was shown at the school where I coach at. Pretty cool. If anyone is ever in NYC and you want some tips on getting into the show I can share. I have attended 4 shows there and one week I went in twice. PM me if interested. It also might be on cbs.com under the David Letterman show.

An old lady killin' a beer......it was a pic that was in the herald a few weeks ago.

Was wondering the same thing. If it's just a random lady, why do they put her on the jumbotron and cheer like she is a celebrity? Is it b/c she is an old lady that likes beer? I mean, that IS cool, but wasn't sure if that is the reason she was being cheered.

Was wondering the same thing. If it's just a random lady, why do they put her on the jumbotron and cheer like she is a celebrity? Is it b/c she is an old lady that likes beer? I mean, that IS cool, but wasn't sure if that is the reason she was being cheered.

its just for fun. they showed her once drinking a beer and the student section went crazy and its just been a fun thing at the ralph :whistling:

If you really want it the show will send you a copy of it but they charge for it. The reason I know is that 5 years ago after returning home from coaching a game I put the show on. As I was falling asleep I thought I heard my name. When I woke up they were doing "Viewer Mail" and they were reading my letter. After the letter was read they did a short skit on it.

My letter was: "Hey Dave, How fast can you run the mile?" His reply was "Oh, in about an hour. But our cue card man Tony can run a mile in under 4 minutes." Then they did a dream sequence with Tony running around NYC in just under 4 minutes.

I got the tape a week later and it was shown at the school where I coach at. Pretty cool. If anyone is ever in NYC and you want some tips on getting into the show I can share. I have attended 4 shows there and one week I went in twice. PM me if interested. It also might be on cbs.com under the David Letterman show.

That's pretty cool, been there a few times myself. They ask you the Ruppert Jee trivia question too?

saw this thread was missing a video, so i upped one for everyone. i think Dean gets the biggest laugh/applause, but i could be biased :silly: so, here ya go.

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="

type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">

That's pretty cool, been there a few times myself. They ask you the Ruppert Jee trivia question too?

No, my question was, "Where is Paul Shafer from?" Another time it was "what state is Dave from?"I did eat at Rupperts at noon before the show. Biff Henderson was in there so got my photo taken with both of those guys. I was there in the summer and inside the Ed Sullivan theater it must have been about 35 degrees! Glad I wore a jacket and sweats to the show.