SiouxSports.com Forum

Road Ducats

NorthDakotaHockey

Tickets for Sioux-St. Cloud State at the Concrete Center, aka National Sports Center, are now on sale through Ticketmaster. January 2-3 series. Always a good time pulling for the Sioux in that building.

Badger games in the Kohl Center go on sale around October 3. UMD puts theirs up on October 1. No word on the Mighty Mavericks from MSU-Mankato. The defending National Chumps, er, Champs, hold their info close to the vest. Finally there are Gopher hockey fans again. Gotta love those fairweathers. Last year's West Regionals, in their own building, couldn't even fill the building to send their boys off to Buffalo.

Of course, I am somewhat bitter, holding a handful of tickets that I had cornered for Sioux fans, expecting a Sioux-Gopher clash for the right to go to the Frozen Four. But then there was Ferris . . . . I ate more than a handful, but still had a good time listening to 9,000 sphincters slamming shut everytime Ferris pulled to within two goals. Hilarious.

a handful, but still had a good time listening to 9,000 sphincters slamming shut everytime Ferris pulled to within two goals. Hilarious.

Dude, Ferris was within two goals for maybe 15 minutes of a 60 minute game. They stayed within one for a whole minute and a half! Anyway I'm glad you liked it, I sure did!

Gophs/Sioux tickets are always avialable outside Mariucci. They are just typically a little more expensive than face. :glare:

Gophers ticket office is 612-624-8080. They might have a very limited number of single seat tickets, they would probably know if/when they would go on sale.

Gophers ticket office is 612-624-8080. They might have a very limited number of single seat tickets, they would probably know if/when they would go on sale.

Single game tickets go on sale Saturday morning, 9/27 at 9am, at the above number. From experience, I'd suggest calling well before 9. If you can get standing room tickets scattered, take 'em and stand together anywhere. No one has kicked us out of our squares yet, and I've gone five seasons in a row.

Another strategy that's worked for us, if you have the time on your hands, is to get to the ticket office at Mariucci about 4pm on Friday, gameday. There are usually a handful of unused tickets that come back from the Gopher family and friends section, but you have to wait in line a good hour, at least. We sat next to the Guyers during the Friday game last season.