SiouxSports.com Forum

The Student Journal

GeauxSioux

No, but I'm glad an alternative is available. The Dakota Student is H O R R I B L E!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Talk about giving the small minority on ANY issue a voice! Simply garbage. I think the Student Journal creators felt the same way and are putting an alternative out there.

I wrote briefly for the sports section of the DS in the early eighties. I'll try to be nice but the editors and workers were arrogant and gave off the vibe that they were the anointed. They were typical knee-jerk liberals. Why aren't knee-jerk liberals as annoying to all as conservative ones? Perhaps they are but not enough speak up! There is nothing worse in my mind than a Pravda-like, we're so obviously right and can't be wrong, attitude, especially in the media. Three cheers for the Student Journal!

Whereas the DS would have sought out the 5 people who are against the logo and printed their opinions.

That's funny, because, just yesterday I was discussing with a work buddy of mine what he thought of the new student newspaper. We were looking at the section of the five people who gave their opionion on the nickname. My buddy said, quote, "Yeah, I bet they went out and took the first five people who spoke up for the nickname!"

It's interesting how people can look at something and take away differing opinions, depending on their philosophical bent.

That said, I think the alternative newspaper is a nice move for the campus community! I wish it much luck!