SiouxSports.com Forum

raphael reynolds

siouxfbfan

raphael reynolds has supposedly committed to play for the sioux next fall.

video 1

http://youtube.com/watch?v=XlFeSTAYEao

video 2

http://youtube.com/watch?v=LDmPSGZ1Usw&feature=related

I have no idea whether or not this is true, but Reynolds rushed for over 1000 yards last season for a pretty good California juco team. You have to wonder why he'd still be available, though.

I have no idea whether or not this is true, but Reynolds rushed for over 1000 yards last season for a pretty good California juco team. You have to wonder why he'd still be available, though.

it had to deal with he thought he was going to get another medical year but did not receive it. so he will be here in the fall and will really help the sioux backfield.

Reynolds appears to be especially gifted on kickoff returns:

College of the Canyons football stats

KICK RETURNS No. Yds Avg TD Long

---------------------------------------

Reynolds,Raphae 21 622 29.6 2 94

Carpenter,Hayo 14 303 21.6 0 36

He was also overshadowed by a Freshman, Fred Winborn, who was Player of the year in their JUCO league.

RUSHING GP Att Gain Loss Net Avg TD Long Avg/G

-----------------------------------------------------------

Winborn,Fred 12 178 1565 41 1524 8.6 21 92 127.0

Reynolds,Raphae 12 131 1033 28 1005 7.7 9 66 83.8

Not a lot of pass receptions but a 26.5 yd average:

RECEIVING GP No. Yds Avg TD Long Avg/G

-------------------------------------------------

Carpenter,Hayo 12 80 1404 17.5 12 72 117.0

Augustus,Jovonn 8 30 426 14.2 4 46 53.2

Winborn,Fred 12 23 310 13.5 3 45 25.8

Jones,Andrew 7 15 143 9.5 0 17 20.4

Austin,John 10 15 82 5.5 1 20 8.2

Jones,Nate 6 7 87 12.4 0 23 14.5

Reynolds,Raphae 12 6 157 26.2 1 61 13.1

College of the Canyons had seven DI recruits, two former players drafted by the NFL, and 4 grads active in the NFL.

If Reynolds does indeed end up at UND and is eligible to play this coming season, I would think this would make red-shirting Bamba and Sutton all but assured. I had thought Bamba may not red-shirt due to the returner positions appearing to be pretty wide open, and if any of the three scholarship backs on the roster (Murray, Brady and Solum) become or already are injured, Sutton may have almost had to play this year barring a late addition such as Reynolds.

Dale Lennon was a great coach, but I think one improvement we will see with Mussman is that he will be more aggressive than Dale was in attempting to land transfers that will immediately help the program.

Obviously, this year there is more money to throw around than in years past, but I can think of several instances over the past five years where landing one or two key transfers might have made the difference between being a very good team and a national championship team.