SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospect Camps

Just Curious

So I was poking around NHL.com today and noticed that Andrew Kozek and Joe Finley are not listed on the rosters for the prospect camps of the teams that drafted them. Anyone know why??

I would assume that their teams said hey, we know what you play like. no need to come. :D

on a realistic note, I thought that I had heard that college kids have to pay their way to the camps so as not to lose their eligibility. They might not have wanted to do that.

I would assume that their teams said hey, we know what you play like. no need to come. :lol:

on a realistic note, I thought that I had heard that college kids have to pay their way to the camps so as not to lose their eligibility. They might not have wanted to do that.

I think they are not highly regarded by their present teams and are looking to go elsewhere ala Wheeler.

• 2 months later...
Danny Kristo is turning heads at this weeks Montreal Camp.

http://canadiens.nhl.com/team/app/?service...rticleid=382004

sure wish he was in school right now. im gona say hes a 2 year player but could have been 3 if he came in this year if it was possible. either way he is gona be a hell of a player

I am not trying to say you are wrong, but I think we should probably not worry about it until we see Kristo play at the WCHA level. Given Montreal's depth right now and the fact that Kristo has yet to prove himself at the college level, he could stick around for awhile. I'm trying to be optimistic rather than pessimistic.