SiouxSports.com Forum

New Faces at SBoHE

SooToo

Sadly, John Q. Paulsen has been passed over by a nominating committee for a second term on the ND Board of Higher Education. Apparently, the word "fiasco" came up in the discussion of his bid for a second term.

Now who's going to spoon with Joe Chapman when the board overnights out of town? :)

More importantly, who takes his place? Options include Michael Haugen, Fargo, former adjutant general of the ND Guard; Robert Harms, former Hoeven legal counsel; or Duane Pool, Bismarck, Nature Conservancy scientist. Most favorable choice?

Sadly, John Q. Paulsen has been passed over by a nominating committee for a second term on the ND Board of Higher Education. Apparently, the word "fiasco" came up in the discussion of his bid for a second term.

Now who's going to spoon with Joe Chapman when the board overnights out of town? :)

More importantly, who takes his place? Options include Michael Haugen, Fargo, former adjutant general of the ND Guard; Robert Harms, former Hoeven legal counsel; or Duane Pool, Bismarck, Nature Conservancy scientist. Most favorable choice?

MG (Ret) Michael Haugen gets my vote even though he was blue (Air Guard).

:love:

I had the opportunity to listen to him address a large group of officers and NCO's while he was still TAG. His degree of openness and honesty was refreshing. IMO...he is a straight shooter who will do what is right for the state of North Dakota. I can't imagine him becoming anyone's lapdog...

TAG>Conservationist>>>Lawyer

:D

• 3 weeks later...
MG (Ret) Michael Haugen gets my vote even though he was blue (Air Guard).

:D

I had the opportunity to listen to him address a large group of officers and NCO's while he was still TAG. His degree of openness and honesty was refreshing. IMO...he is a straight shooter who will do what is right for the state of North Dakota. I can't imagine him becoming anyone's lapdog...

TAG>Conservationist>>>Lawyer

:lol:

They must have been listening to you MD.

UND student to be representative to N.D. Board of Higher Education; former Guard commander named to board

UND student Haylee Cripe will spend the next school year as the student representative to the North Dakota Board of Higher Education.

Cripe served this school year as president of the North Dakota Student Association, a collection of student government representatives from all of the state’s 11 public colleges and universities.

Gov. Hoeven also named Mike Haugen, former commander of the North Dakota National Guard, to the board today. Haugen will replace board President John Paulsen, who was not nominated for a second term.