SiouxSports.com Forum

Tough end to the season by the sioux...

cujo2

I was in the camp that thought und would beat BC. Nobody, and I mean nobody, saw that coming. If you did you are a flat out liar. I was alarmed at a number of observations yesterday:

1) BC manhandled und in physical play. Forever and a day und has been a physically brusing team and bc has been more "finesse" but yesterday bc pounded und into submission.

2) und basically gave up after the 1st period. I can't remember a time when und was blown out in the 1st and basically called it a day. I saw absolutely ZERO sustained effort in the 2nd and 3rd period. To me that was very very alarming. It was almost as if they thought well we made it here again and that is good enough.

3) Did Lamaroux think they were playing in the late game becasue he didn't show up. Spectacular season no doubt about that. Without him und is not a #1 seed and I doubt they even appear in the Frozen 4.

4) No sense of urgency or inspiration what so ever. like I said before, it seemed as if the boys were content just to be there.

5) Jerry York took the pedal off the gas. You could clearly see that. If bc wanted to they could have put up 10 on und. While I am not a fan of Hockey East, York earned a ton of respect in my book and handled it with a lot of class.

6) Hakstol and the coaching staff deserve some heat. Sorry to say he is quickly going down as und's version of Doug Woog. Do you fire him? Hell No (what nimrod actually thinks that?). However, the team was woefully unprepared yesterday. The coaching staff had 10 days to scout bc to find their tendencies, strengths, weaknessess etc etc etc. It was evident that bc was fully prepared to handle und but und was not preparred to handle BC. Sorry to say that goes on the coaching staff.

I was in the camp that thought und would beat BC. Nobody, and I mean nobody, saw that coming. If you did you are a flat out liar. I was alarmed at a number of observations yesterday:

1) BC manhandled und in physical play. Forever and a day und has been a physically brusing team and bc has been more "finesse" but yesterday bc pounded und into submission.

2) und basically gave up after the 1st period. I can't remember a time when und was blown out in the 1st and basically called it a day. I saw absolutely ZERO sustained effort in the 2nd and 3rd period. To me that was very very alarming. It was almost as if they thought well we made it here again and that is good enough.

3) Did Lamaroux think they were playing in the late game becasue he didn't show up. Spectacular season no doubt about that. Without him und is not a #1 seed and I doubt they even appear in the Frozen 4.

4) No sense of urgency or inspiration what so ever. like I said before, it seemed as if the boys were content just to be there.

5) Jerry York took the pedal off the gas. You could clearly see that. If bc wanted to they could have put up 10 on und. While I am not a fan of Hockey East, York earned a ton of respect in my book and handled it with a lot of class.

6) Hakstol and the coaching staff deserve some heat. Sorry to say he is quickly going down as und's version of Doug Woog. Do you fire him? Hell No (what nimrod actually thinks that?). However, the team was woefully unprepared yesterday. The coaching staff had 10 days to scout bc to find their tendencies, strengths, weaknessess etc etc etc. It was evident that bc was fully prepared to handle und but und was not preparred to handle BC. Sorry to say that goes on the coaching staff.

Careful, this kind of talk around here will get you the ire of the Triouxper. Good thing you are a Gopher Fan! :D

I agree with your points in general, with some comments:

#1) UND lost that physical edge this year after the 'incidents' with UW, UMN and DU. They quit hitting.

#2) True dat.

#3) Lammy didn't play his Hobey self, but isn't to blame for the artistic stylings of Gerbe and Co.

#4) True dat.

#5) Absolutely! You see in his post game comments almost apologetic for the rout. I'm sure he was very happy with the win, but I also get the sense he didn't enjoy what he was seeing as an experienced collegiate coach. Very impressed with him after this.

#6) Not sure what happened here, but I think it's fair to question the preparation. If folks here think the forum rants are unacceptable, then they need to avoid the press coverage because it is brutal today.

taz

Careful, this kind of talk around here will get you the ire of the Triouxper. Good thing you are a Gopher Fan! :)

I agree with your points in general, with some comments:

#1) UND lost that physical edge this year after the 'incidents' with UW, UMN and DU. They quit hitting.

#2) True dat.

#3) Lammy didn't play his Hobey self, but isn't to blame for the artistic stylings of Gerbe and Co.

#4) True dat.

#5) Absolutely! You see in his post game comments almost apologetic for the rout. I'm sure he was very happy with the win, but I also get the sense he didn't enjoy what he was seeing as an experienced collegiate coach. Very impressed with him after this.

#6) Not sure what happened here, but I think it's fair to question the preparation. If folks here think the forum rants are unacceptable, then they need to avoid the press coverage because it is brutal today.

taz

Great effort by the Eagles, pathetic effort by the Sioux. Bemidji State would have had a much better showing.