SiouxSports.com Forum

American Airlines

Wookie#12

Wow!! :D

2400 Flights canceled so far in the last 3 days.

Happy to have had taken Northwest, but not sure on some of my friends from the east are flying in today.

Just hope their are no Sioux fans stuck in an airport trying to get another flight here.

Anyone stuck trying to find a flight? ???

Our 6:20 am United flight out of Fargo got delayed until 5:00 pm at the earliest (more than likely cancelled) due to 2 flat tires and bad brakes. Probably a good thing the discovered that before we got in the air! Absolutely no way to get to Denver in time for the Sioux-BC game, so we are stuck at home watching the game tonight. Got rebooked on a flight tomorrow. Go Sioux!

Our 6:20 am United flight out of Fargo got delayed until 5:00 pm at the earliest (more than likely cancelled) due to 2 flat tires and bad brakes. Probably a good thing the discovered that before we got in the air! Absolutely no way to get to Denver in time for the Sioux-BC game, so we are stuck at home watching the game tonight. Got rebooked on a flight tomorrow. Go Sioux!

Depending on how close you are to the airport, I would keep an eye on this flight. Right now they are showing a 230pm departure from FAR, arriving 309pm. If the mechanics can get it fixed sooner, you may leave sooner.

Keep track of it here

Depending on how close you are to the airport, I would keep an eye on this flight. Right now they are showing a 230pm departure from FAR, arriving 309pm. If the mechanics can get it fixed sooner, you may leave sooner.

Keep track of it here

That would be pushing it. I am glad I didn't fork over the $1200 they wanted for that flight.

Those planes United uses out of Fargo are scary. They had problems with the doors becoming ajar (not open) while in flight. I worked at the airport and saw more than a few very people getting off those planes. Apparently a door open a crack while traveling 450 mph 40000 feet in the air makes a little noise :D

That would be pushing it. I am glad I didn't fork over the $1200 they wanted for that flight.

Those planes United uses out of Fargo are scary. They had problems with the doors becoming ajar (not open) while in flight. I worked at the airport and saw more than a few very people getting off those planes. Apparently a door open a crack while traveling 450 mph 40000 feet in the air makes a little noise :D

Similar things like that have happened to me (not the door, but other stuff)....but that was from Denver to fargo.

After a 5 hour delay, we finally got home at 3 AM.

Update on this flight. They are still waiting on parts and won't be taking off until 4:30 pm at the earliest.

I booked this flight very early and got 4 tickets for a little over that price. I also talked a lady into a full refund if I don't go tomorrow, so I'm sitting pretty good in that regard. But man, it's gonna be hard watching that game in 3 hours on TV while the tickets are in my hand!

Update on this flight. They are still waiting on parts and won't be taking off until 4:30 pm at the earliest.

I booked this flight very early and got 4 tickets for a little over that price. I also talked a lady into a full refund if I don't go tomorrow, so I'm sitting pretty good in that regard. But man, it's gonna be hard watching that game in 3 hours on TV while the tickets are in my hand!

That is a fate that no hockey fan, (even a Sioux fan :D ) should have to deal with .

Good luck to you!

I was on that flight, I still cannot believe they did not know till on the runway

So, ya still gonna go?

AA problems probably won't affect too many Sioux fans unless traveling from LAX, ORD,JFK or DFW. For today, looks like 2 of 3 flights cancelled from ORD. 5 of 6 from DFW. 1 of 1 from LAX, and 1 of 1 from JFK. Good thing DEN is't a hub for AA, or it would really be ugly.

It would affect people flying on AA from anywhere. If a flight from ORD or DFW is cancelled that means where ever that plane was going is the return flight is now cancelled also. Say a flight was going from ORD to LAS then the flight from LAS to ORD is cancelled also. IT WAS UGLY for well over 100,000 passengers. If the hub is not flying neither are the spokes. What was it you were trying to say?