SiouxSports.com Forum

Minnesota State Tourney!

aleah

I thought there was a rule regarding moving among the 2 classes? For some reason, I thought when Roseau moved up, there was a so-called "moratorium" preventing teams from jumping between classes. The state said you had to stay up/down for at least 3-5 years, so you couldn't pad statistics.

I tried looking up the rules, but couldn't find anything.

I haven't had much luck either but I believe the rules are different for boys and girls hockey. BSM won the A title a while back and is now playing in the AA bracket.

The main idea with the two-tier system was to give more teams the opportunity to play in the state tournament, particularly the small schools. Instead, you've seen teams sandbag and stay in the A level when you could really make the argument that they should be playing AA. Like I mentioned with the girls, the biggest manipulation I have seen was SSP winning AA and then announcing a switch back to A for the following season (which they promptly won).

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic