SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs BEAVERS

AZSIOUX

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

good game sioux, good game beavers. the sioux took advantage early on the PP. hell of a PP tonight. nice job all around and another 1 goal game for JPL.

12 game unbeaten streak. lets make it 13 heading into the final 2 weeks of wcha play. i say we see walski tomorrow. if so best of luck and get aaron that W.

SHOTS

41-SIOUX

18-BEAVERS

PHIL 4 HOBEY!!

GO SIOUX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BSU pulls their goalie.

Their coach shrugged it off when ref stopped play thinking there were too many BSU players on ice - before he realized they had pulled their goalie! Class act? I would have expected a tantrum from others... but maybe it's just that he's not used to WCHA officiating.........

Hakstol post-game comments:

PP was as sharp as it's been. Ran though every option we had. Could have had more. Their guy between the pipes did a very good job. That being said, we got enough to win. We got the 4 PP goals.

I think in the first 2 periods alone, Chorney had 8 shots alone. I don't know if they were all on the PP, but it helps.

They were aggressive on the PK, but I think they had to back off a little. You start questioning yourself a little bit when we're scoring on the PP that much.

Things got a little sloppy in the 3rd period. Maybe that's understandable a little bit, with the intensity. The intensity of going after the puck was still there. Have to build off the positives. The PP, the first two periods, and not everything in the third period was bad.

Watkins got all of his shot. He works on it, and he got all of it on his goal.

I'm sure they'll address staying out of the box for tomorrow night. They had their fair share of PP chances. I thought the officiating was real good tonight.

I would think we'll see a little more 5 on 5 tomorrow. It's all about tomorrow afternoon now. What's done is done, and we have to look forward to tomorrow.