SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux vs USD Webcast

DukeWoods

I didn't listen to the game tonight, but I'm guessing Roebuck won't be happy with the fact that UND shot just four free throws, compared to 26 by USD. You wouldn't expect that given the fact that we try to go inside at every opportunity. :lol:

Roebuck was very complimentary of USD in the post-game. His basic point was that it doesn't matter that UND has two dominating post players, that may pose a mismatch inside to a team like USD, because USD's posts, although small, play good fundamental defense.

Roebuck was very complimentary of USD in the post-game. His basic point was that it doesn't matter that UND has two dominating post players, that may pose a mismatch inside to a team like USD, because USD's posts, although small, play good fundamental defense.

Not to take anything away from USD, but when an inside-oriented team like UND shoots just four free throws, when they average about 22 attempts per game on the season, it just seems a little strange. Maybe USD's defense is just that good, but I still would have expected double figures in attempts. The previous season low was 12 attempts.

Not to take anything away from USD, but when an inside-oriented team like UND shoots just four free throws, when they average about 22 attempts per game on the season, it just seems a little strange. Maybe USD's defense is just that good, but I still would have expected double figures in attempts. The previous season low was 12 attempts.

I really thought the Sioux were outplayed in every aspect of the game. I didn't think the officiating was bad at all. I watched it on the webcast. The Sioux played tight I thought, but give USD credit. The Sioux had to go on a run to get it to three at half, and just could never get over the hump. Too many wasted posessions, with turnovers or bad shots, and that freshman from USD was the best player on the floor tonight. Give credit where credit is due USD is better right now!!

Certainly UND fans can point to the discrepency in free throws to a point. I was at the game tonight and noticed that USD was probably a bit more in position on defense and deserved some of the calls. Did the home court give the Yotes a few extra calls, perhaps it's hard to say for sure. I didn't think the officiating changed the flow of the game or drastically effected the outcome. I know the teams are a bit different from this year to last but last year UND was athletically superior to USD and just annihilated the Coyotes on the boards. I felt this year that UND was as big but maybe not as athletic, but still pretty darn athletic anyway. I felt USD was every bit the equal and perhaps more athletic. The Yotes seemed a step quicker at most instances. I was proud of the USD fans because they really came out in force to support the team which is something that hasn't always been the case. We all know that UND probably has the best Women's basketball fans in D2 right now. With the Yotes sneaking out a couple this year should jump start the rivalry going into D1 next year. The Sioux have been dominant for much of the last 15 years so I would settle for just having a deep run in the NCAA tourney for USD for once. Gosh UND has how many national titles in Womens Ball. It's quite a few. It was truley a big deal for the USD women to win the game. It just doesn't happen all that often that the Yotes put out a very good team. This year they have done that but with that said it doesn't gaurantee anything come post season. Good game and I have a feeling the two teams will meet at least one more time.

Certainly UND fans can point to the discrepency in free throws to a point. I was at the game tonight and noticed that USD was probably a bit more in position on defense and deserved some of the calls. Did the home court give the Yotes a few extra calls, perhaps it's hard to say for sure. I didn't think the officiating changed the flow of the game or drastically effected the outcome. I know the teams are a bit different from this year to last but last year UND was athletically superior to USD and just annihilated the Coyotes on the boards. I felt this year that UND was as big but maybe not as athletic, but still pretty darn athletic anyway. I felt USD was every bit the equal and perhaps more athletic. The Yotes seemed a step quicker at most instances. I was proud of the USD fans because they really came out in force to support the team which is something that hasn't always been the case. We all know that UND probably has the best Women's basketball fans in D2 right now. With the Yotes sneaking out a couple this year should jump start the rivalry going into D1 next year. The Sioux have been dominant for much of the last 15 years so I would settle for just having a deep run in the NCAA tourney for USD for once. Gosh UND has how many national titles in Womens Ball. It's quite a few. It was truley a big deal for the USD women to win the game. It just doesn't happen all that often that the Yotes put out a very good team. This year they have done that but with that said it doesn't gaurantee anything come post season. Good game and I have a feeling the two teams will meet at least one more time.

UND got outplayed and out coached tonight, USD has got our number because we play the same all the time. No accountability.Lack of energy and too many tuneovers.. Kimbrough only played 25 min and was 10 for 14 Why... Seay played scared and senior Beck scared and again too many tournovers. This is crunch time for the Sioux I think coach Roebuck needs to figure it out. I heard Tubby Smith last week say that his team has had to many tourovers and lacked energy and he needed to change some things boy does that sound familar.

Overtime will be showing the games on their tvs!!!!!

I watched the South Dakota game on the webcast last week. After being a loyal fan for years I feel that I could coach against Roebuck :whistling::D . His players are like robots, they run to the same location everytime, over and over again. Every coach in the region knows how to play them. It seems like his players play scared. Does coach Roebuck have another offense? I have not seen lately that the girls are having any fun playing. No high fives, no big smiles, nothing. I feel that they have the talent to win it all, the fans enjoy watching them play. Loosen up girls, all the Sioux fans are with you...........

• 2 weeks later...

I watched the South Dakota game on the webcast last week. After being a loyal fan for years I feel that I could coach against Roebuck :silly::D . His players are like robots, they run to the same location everytime, over and over again. Every coach in the region knows how to play them. It seems like his players play scared. Does coach Roebuck have another offense? I have not seen lately that the girls are having any fun playing. No high fives, no big smiles, nothing. I feel that they have the talent to win it all, the fans enjoy watching them play. Loosen up girls, all the Sioux fans are with you...........

Does anyone know if there will be a webcast today?