SiouxSports.com Forum

2006-07 MN High School Hockey

Air Force One

I will be the first to admit that I am far from an expert on high school hockey in any state, BUT if the 05-06 ND HS Hockey thread can reach 135 pages and the 06-07 thread is already at 15 pages, I'm sure there is a base of fans to discuss MN HS hockey.

To start it off, here is the schedule for the jamboree that will be held in East Grand Forks on Friday, 24 Nov:

at the EGF Civic Center:

9:00 - 9:50 am Fergus Falls -vs- Crookston

10:00 - 10:50 am EGF -vs- Fergus Falls

11:00 - 11:50 am Sauk Rapids -vs- Warroad

12:00 - 12:50 pm Eastview* -vs- Crookston

1:00 - 1:50 pm Sauk Rapids -vs- Crookston

2:00 - 2:50 pm EGF -vs- Eastview*

3:00 - 3:50 pm EGF -vs- Sauk Rapids

*from the MSHSL website, Eastview HS is out of Apple Valley

at the VFW Arena:

1:30 - 2:20 pm Warroad -vs- Fergus Falls

Also, Fox Sports North is again showing High School Hockey Night this season and three games have local interest, the Dec 15 Grand Rapids at Moorhead, Jan 11 Roseau at Warroad, and the Jan 20 St Paul Johnson at Lake of the Woods game. This game is interesting as it will be played on a outdoor rink cleared off on the Rainy River. Supposed to be a whole day event of youth and HS hockey. I'll have to see what my kids' schedules look like, I might even trek up there to check it out if it ain't too cold.

The entire schedule is here:

High School Hockey Night 2006-07 TV Schedule

Good luck to ALL teams this year! It'll be another great year of hockey no matter what state you're from!

There's no thread because there is a very good Minnesota High School Hockey Message board already found here.

There is also a North Dakota High School Hockey message board already found here.

If all of you that like to discuss high school hockey went there, there would be MULTIPLE pages there as well.

Maybe jimdahl could provide these links from the www.siouxsports.com main page???

The most thrilling moment of my life came in March of 2005 when the Warroad Warriors won the MN State Class A Championship in 2OT over Totino-Grace, 4-3. That's when TJ Oshie beat the TG man on the draw, dove for the puck and slid it over the Aaron Marvin while TG goalie was trying to poke check Oshie. Marvin caught the pass and one-timed it in for Warroad's only perfect season at 29-0-2.

It doesn't get any better then the MN State Boy's HS Hockey Tournament. It is the most watched state tournament in America and gets better every year. The Xcel Energy Center rocks during the entire 4-days of action.

If you haven't been to one I recommend you make it. All the former NHL players who played in the State Tournament and won Stanley Cups always say the MN State Tourney is the greatest experience of their lives.

I have the DVD of this game and would like to show it but not sure how to do it.

If anyone could help me shoot me a message.

There's no thread because there is a very good Minnesota High School Hockey Message board already found here.

There is also a North Dakota High School Hockey message board already found here.

If all of you that like to discuss high school hockey went there, there would be MULTIPLE pages there as well.

Maybe jimdahl could provide these links from the www.siouxsports.com main page???

Thanks for the links! I poked around in the MN site a couple times yesterday when I had time looking for Section 8 info, though my favorite was the poll of the biggest rivalries in the state and the topic starter included only 5 metro area rivalries then some outstate folks threw Roseau/Warroad at them and then the arguement ensued about how metro folks don't recognize outstate and vise-versa.

Another thread posed the question about who would win Section 8A this year, by the way, that tourney will be in EGF and the 8AA will be in TRF. Most felt Warroad will take it back even though they have a new coach situation again with what is percieved to be a lesser team with EGF and Crookston in the hunt, TRF lost too much talent off last years team.

Thanks again for the links! See you at the rink!

Thanks for the links! I poked around in the MN site a couple times yesterday when I had time looking for Section 8 info, though my favorite was the poll of the biggest rivalries in the state and the topic starter included only 5 metro area rivalries then some outstate folks threw Roseau/Warroad at them and then the arguement ensued about how metro folks don't recognize outstate and vise-versa.

Another thread posed the question about who would win Section 8A this year, by the way, that tourney will be in EGF and the 8AA will be in TRF. Most felt Warroad will take it back even though they have a new coach situation again with what is percieved to be a lesser team with EGF and Crookston in the hunt, TRF lost too much talent off last years team.

Thanks again for the links! See you at the rink!

If you go to http://westerncollegehockey.blogspot.com, there is a recent poll of Minnesota AA hockey. Moorhead is No. 3 and and Roseau is No. 7.

The most thrilling moment of my life came in March of 2005 when the Warroad Warriors won the MN State Class A Championship in 2OT over Totino-Grace, 4-3.

That was a great game! I was at a relative's house and didn't get up off the couch the entire afternoon. I'm sure they thought I was rude, and a little on the weird side watching two teams I knew nothing about, and cheering loudly when Warroad scored......

I didn't see all of the first one, got there late and they weren't keeping official score but I did see Fergus Falls get one by Crookston. The rest are below, but I did not write the scores down and my memory isn't what it used to be:

EGF 2

Fergus Falls 3

Warroad 3

Sauk Rapids 2

Eastview

over

Crookston

Sauk Rapids

over

Crookston

Eastview

over