SiouxSports.com Forum

"The Scoop" from an unknowing fan (read & comment

Orange & Maroon Sioux

Well, here ya go: The picks from the "Southernmost Sioux" fan who went t Virginia Tech that only has club Hockey. In the dark? Yes. In the know? Read on....

UND over HC is a no-brainer. But what you may NOT know is that no small roman catholic team will EVER beat the Sioux.

D over Miami: It's a home game.

Minn over notre lame..Reason? See above re UND-HC.

M-D over MSu. Anybody that plays us tough beats these weenies.

Maine over Harvard. Bears are fierce!

Badgers over osu: They are chapped at being 3rd seed here & rightly so.

BC over Niagara. Any school w/o a football team (Niagara) has no chance. Niagara Falls.

NH over M: Outraged that lots of folks think DEAN is from NH instead of Vermont, they humble Michigan weenies.

Maine over W: Their song here: Screw the Big 10, or 11, or whatever. This is Hockey.

BC over NH. I HATE thse little R catholic schools, and BC a very big dislike of mine. But by reading this board, gotta go with the "boston birdies" here. But wait....

UND over D. More of the same for those denver dudes. They expect it!

Minn-D over M. Sorry, goofers, you've shot your load. Besides, hyphenated names are good Hockey teams.

UND over Minn-D. For the Sioux, so many sticks; so little time.

Maine over bc. The wimps find out .......well they know it anyway.....wimpy schools/teams can't go to "frozen finals". Besides, only 78 fans show up.

UND over Minn-D. UND is on a roll; builds steady momentum, has beTter players, coaching & fans. Only God could overcome that combo. But God wears GREEN !

GO SIOUX !!!!!.........AND CONGRATULATIONS !!!!!!!!!

Baxter in Richmond, Virginia. Its still cold enough here so I can wear my UND sweatpants & use football championship jersey & coffee mug till its over.

D over Miami: It's a home game.

Not so. CC fans bought most of the tickets...They hate Denver as much as Sioux fans hate the Goophers.

Minn over notre lame..Reason? See above re UND-HC.
Notre Dame ;) is the best 4 seed, and has a shot to unseat Minny first round as they are not at home...but, they probably won't, Minny is on fire.

Badgers over osu: They are chapped at being 3rd seed here & rightly so.

I see tOSU in this one, but it'll be close. Nothing made me happier than to see that the clutch and grab trapping BADgers got the 3 seed (except maybe if they got a 4th). Plus, the Buckeyes have played well for losing Umberger and Kessler

NH over M: Outraged that lots of folks think DEAN is from NH instead of Vermont, they humble Michigan weenies.
Michigan goes out first round...Berensen and Carr share their post season "success"

Maine over W: Their song here: Screw the Big 10, or 11, or whatever. This is Hockey.

I think that tOSU will be there and will beat Maine. They've ridden goaltending far too long...

But God wears GREEN !

Diggler...you need to post that link for proof :lol:

Overall...good picks for not really following college hockey as much as most of us do.

BTW...I'm a Notre Dame football fan, but I won't hold the Notre lame thing against ya ;););)

Hmmmm.... Is it just me, or are all the teams from Michigan refered to as weenies??? ;) Makes me feel a little inadquate. :lol:

Anyways, the MW in GR are looking Hella Tuff. Two pretty good teams from the WCHA, and two decent teams from the CCHA that are playing pretty close to home. Its going to be a rocking good time in GR this weekend!! ;)

I like Denver against Miami because look at Denver's record against Non-conference opponents:

10-0

I think the home ice (sort of) will help too...even if there are a few CC fans.

Also UNH is like 6,8-1 (can't remember which) against BC in recent games in NH so don't discount them. BC is reeling right now.

I disagree about the UNH vs Michigan. Michigan should beat UNH. UNH making the finals last year was a fluke. Their performance in the NC game was proof.

No NC game should be a rout that embarrassing. Michigan is tried and true, have MUCH better goaltending than UNH, and have a great coach.

Some of you might recall that both Howard and Montoya were selected for the WJC tourney. Howard didn't go due to injury, but if memory serves, that only opened the BACKUP goaltender slot. Kinda tells you who may be the better Tourney goaltender.

Michigan vs Maine in the FF semifinal. Michigan wins.

UND over Michigan for #8

I think the home ice (sort of) will help too...even if there are a few CC fans.

Also UNH is like 6,8-1 (can't remember which) against BC in recent games in NH so don't discount them. BC is reeling right now.

Remember how Marriucci was last year for the Sioux...that's exactly what World Arena will be like for Denver...who is also, sans Connor James.

Don't forget either that Michigan lost...to Minnesota during the slump...at Yost. And lost to Notre Dame...swept actually...at Yost. I don't see Michigan making a run this year anymore.

I agree about Mich. I think playing in a horribly unfriendly setting will be against them. All they'll have is Montoya and Tambellini. And they lost to Ohio State in the final of the CCHA. Mich won't have it that day...call me crazy. :lol: That's why UNH wins.

Against BC, UNH has proven they can beat their conference foes...especially in NH. With BC reeling and having not played in a little while, I'd say UNH gets my nod. (plus I haven't, truthfully, seen UNH play, but I know BC is better than it's playing right now.) We'll see, I'd rather UND play BC in the final anyway, get revenge for BC's revenge in 2001.

Denver will beat Miami. I know Connor James is gone, which is huge, but having not seen Miami play I can throw my expert opinion out that they will lose. ;)

One thing we're all in agreement: UND wins the west and a good Frozen Four to follow.