SiouxSports.com Forum

Unique Opportunity

GeauxSioux

Some have said that UND has floundered the last 6 months with a president on the way out, the Buning incident and subsequent lack of a full time AD. Maybe there is some truth to that. If the past 6 months have given you reason to be pessimistic as to what is going on at UND, the next six months should give you great optimism.

By February 5th, we should know who the next president will be. That person will be charged with leading UND into the world of Division I. There are challenges ahead, including getting enrollment going in the right direction, generating additional research dollars, expansion of programs and growing the endowment funds for future success as an institution. That president will also be instrumental in the selection of the new Athletic Director.

The new AD will have many challenges also, leading the school's athletic programs into Division I, creating a more positive relationship within the department and with the coaches/athletes, finding a conference for all of the sports, and of course fund raising.

The next 6 months interesting, exciting and filled with opportunity and optimism.

Go Sioux!!!!!

• 5 months later...
Some have said that UND has floundered the last 6 months with a president on the way out, the Buning incident and subsequent lack of a full time AD. Maybe there is some truth to that. If the past 6 months have given you reason to be pessimistic as to what is going on at UND, the next six months should give you great optimism.

By February 5th, we should know who the next president will be. That person will be charged with leading UND into the world of Division I. There are challenges ahead, including getting enrollment going in the right direction, generating additional research dollars, expansion of programs and growing the endowment funds for future success as an institution. That president will also be instrumental in the selection of the new Athletic Director.

The new AD will have many challenges also, leading the school's athletic programs into Division I, creating a more positive relationship within the department and with the coaches/athletes, finding a conference for all of the sports, and of course fund raising.

The next 6 months interesting, exciting and filled with opportunity and optimism.

Go Sioux!!!!!

Six months ago I felt like UND had a unique opportunity with a new president and a new AD coming on board. I know that it is early to judge them, bu thus far I'm pleased with choices by both of the selection committees that chose Kelley and Faison. UND's membership into the Great West Conference is just one step along the way. Nice job guys.

Not a bad first 10 days for President Kelley. :lol: