SiouxSports.com Forum

Pairwise Look

AZSIOUX

I know it is early to really get into the pairwise BUT we have a couple weeks til we see the Sioux host UNH so i wanted to take a look at the pairwise rankings from SS. always interesting

Pairwise Rankings

The Sioux sit at #8 as of today but that may change a little with other teams playing this coming weekend and week

The WCHA would have 3 teams in for sure with Minnesota on that BUBBLE if the season ended today and i would say wouldnt get in. Where the Sioux stand in these rankings with the record the Sioux have really tell you TO PLAY big time teams in your non conference schedule. Also they have gotten lucky as their WCHA schedule was the toughest to start as well.

Sioux oppenents they have played in the TOP 16 to this date in and out of conference and where they stand

#1 - DENVER - split on the road

#3 - COLORADO COLLEGE - split at home

#6 - MICHIGAN STATE - won 6-0 in one game

#9 - NORTHEASTERN - won only game on the road - will end up being a very nice win at the end of the year with how they are playing

#11 - BOSTON COLLEGE - tied 0-0 in FOGOUT on the road

#14 - MINNESOTA - split at home

#15 - MINNESOTA DULUTH - split at home

UNH is #7 in the pairwise as we play them in our next series. If we can find a way to sweep a very solid hockey east team without one of their top players in JVR (world juniors team) that could be huge to start the 2nd half. really huge! hell we havent swept a team at the ralph since LAST OCTOBER so this would be a hell of a time to break that! UNH plays Maine on december 16th and thats their only game before they head to grand forks at the end of december

if it ended today :huh:

so CC would get a 1 seed in the springs, good path for them to get down the road to Denver

hell, we may face BC first round out east maybe, im not concerned playing them pre-frozen 4 :lol:

i think we will end up with 4 in the dance, just not sure who the 4th will be. i say scsu sneaks in and gets another first round exit, if its only cc, du and the sioux then the ncaa better spread them out. a lot of hockey to be played and i know that, just fun to see where teams stand in the all important PWR

... we havent swept a team at the ralph since LAST OCTOBER ....

That is not quite accurate.

Last sweep at home: March 2007, WCHA playoffs, first round (two games over Mankato).

Last regular season home sweep: October 6-7, 2006 vs. Quinnipiac

Last regular season WCHA home sweep: March 3-4, 2006 (over Tech).

That is not quite accurate.

Last sweep at home: March 2007, WCHA playoffs, first round (two games over Mankato).

Last regular season home sweep: October 6-7, 2006 vs. Quinnipiac

Last regular season WCHA home sweep: March 3-4, 2006 (over Tech).

i wasnt counting post season obviously and that was my point. i should have clarified that. regular season home sweep, wcha or not

I know it is early to really get into the pairwise BUT we have a couple weeks til we see the Sioux host UNH so i wanted to take a look at the pairwise rankings from SS. always interesting

Pairwise Rankings

The Sioux sit at #8 as of today but that may change a little with other teams playing this coming weekend and week

The WCHA would have 3 teams in for sure with Minnesota on that BUBBLE if the season ended today and i would say wouldnt get in. Where the Sioux stand in these rankings with the record the Sioux have really tell you TO PLAY big time teams in your non conference schedule. Also they have gotten lucky as their WCHA schedule was the toughest to start as well.

Sioux oppenents they have played in the TOP 16 to this date in and out of conference and where they stand

#1 - DENVER - split on the road

#3 - COLORADO COLLEGE - split at home

#6 - MICHIGAN STATE - won 6-0 in one game

#9 - NORTHEASTERN - won only game on the road - will end up being a very nice win at the end of the year with how they are playing

#11 - BOSTON COLLEGE - tied 0-0 in FOGOUT on the road

#14 - MINNESOTA - split at home

#15 - MINNESOTA DULUTH - split at home

UNH is #7 in the pairwise as we play them in our next series. If we can find a way to sweep a very solid hockey east team without one of their top players in JVR (world juniors team) that could be huge to start the 2nd half. really huge! hell we havent swept a team at the ralph since LAST OCTOBER so this would be a hell of a time to break that! UNH plays Maine on december 16th and thats their only game before they head to grand forks at the end of december

if it ended today :glare:

so CC would get a 1 seed in the springs, good path for them to get down the road to Denver

hell, we may face BC first round out east maybe, im not concerned playing them pre-frozen 4 :lol:

i think we will end up with 4 in the dance, just not sure who the 4th will be. i say scsu sneaks in and gets another first round exit, if its only cc, du and the sioux then the ncaa better spread them out. a lot of hockey to be played and i know that, just fun to see where teams stand in the all important PWR

I think we should have started this in a thread the SKY is NOT falling. :huh:

if it ended today :huh:

If it ended today you all would have NE again with DU waiting in the wings. Unless the NCAA decided to get creative and shove UND, UM, and UMich in another regional. :lol:

If it ended today you all would have NE again with DU waiting in the wings. Unless the NCAA decided to get creative and shove UND, UM, and UMich in another regional. :lol:

Another team to watch is Wisconsin - they are hosting the MW regional this year. Right now they are outside looking in. If they make a F5 run and get an autobid, things could get interesting.

Can you imagine the whining that Red would do if the Wolverines had to face the Sioux for a third year in a row.

I honestly think the NCAA will do that again, not this year.

Can you imagine the whining that Red would do if the Wolverines had to face the Sioux for a third year in a row.

I honestly think the NCAA will do that again, not this year.

lets hope we avoid red azzzz and BC...lets get some new blood in there to play.....