SiouxSports.com Forum

Twin Cities Fighting Sioux

Rick

you get some and lose some. dont count shattuck as we had that pipeline and still do a bit from zparise days. we are getting more cities kids lately than normal but im sure umtc will be just fine. they have 2 or 3 recruits actually comng out of state next year and beyond. lucia pet is smart for doing that. branch out and grab a better player than a kid just because hes from minny. right wooger :angry:

also things change. kids want the best place to polish their game for the NHL, thats north dakota, minny , bc ect.....

its not like the old days where you grow up and automatically go to a school. just doesnt happen anymore. facilities, coaches and your draft status weigh in now.

trust me, gopher fans know when they lose a good one out of state, some will bulls$t and act like they didnt want them, didnt offer a full scholly ect.....blah blah blah...................but the gophers have some great recruits coming in as well and will be just fine like north dakota and sconnie. bottom line is the top players stick around the wcha which is great to see. every once in a while good players will look elsewere like the eaves bros, but hell do you blame them? would you want to play for your dad if he was mike eaves, hell no smokey. i would be on the first plane away from him :lol:

OK, I agree that we have had some success in the metro, however I think you are carrying it a bit too far. Minnesota is doing just fine. The reality is that we had better 2004, 2005 classes. Minnesota probably had better 2006, 2007 classes. We look to have the best 2008 classes and maybe are getting close to the top 2009 class, as well as a great start to 2010. We are NOT winning every recruiting battle with Minnesota.

Nick Leddy

Ryan Walters

Josh Birkholz

Jake Youso

Aaron Ness

After Mattson, Ryan Walter may have been the next biggest commit recently. The classes are good, but it's all about what you do with them and that is 3 frozen fours in a row vs. 3 early exits. That is what really matters.

OK, I agree that we have had some success in the metro, however I think you are carrying it a bit too far. Minnesota is doing just fine. The reality is that we had better 2004, 2005 classes. Minnesota probably had better 2006, 2007 classes. We look to have the best 2008 classes and maybe are getting close to the top 2009 class, as well as a great start to 2010. We are NOT winning every recruiting battle with Minnesota.

Nick Leddy

Ryan Walters

Josh Birkholz

Jake Youso

Aaron Ness

After Mattson, Ryan Walter may have been the next biggest commit recently. The classes are good, but it's all about what you do with them and that is 3 frozen fours in a row vs. 3 early exits. That is what really matters.

agree, both teams are fine and will be fine

i like Rick's post. i agree with all of it. i also agree with siouxnami that UM will be fine, but they seem to be losing more and more recruits to und and uw. add scsu into that as well. fact is there are plenty of great players in minny for several teams to be loaded, but i can guarantee that UM would like some of the recruits they lost(or didnt want :lol: ).

i like Rick's post. i agree with all of it. i also agree with siouxnami that UM will be fine, but they seem to be losing more and more recruits to und and uw. add scsu into that as well. fact is there are plenty of great players in minny for several teams to be loaded, but i can guarantee that UM would like some of the recruits they lost(or didnt want :lol: ).

i wouldnt use the word "losing" recruits. they arent property of the gophers and who knows if some of these kids ever even wanted to go to minny. we dont know that. we know und, um and uw recruit some of the same kids but for sure. of course they would like both mattsons and a couple others but thats how it goes sometimes. lucia is smart for branching out as times have changed and most kids can end up anywhere these days. i always said why take 2nd and 3rd tier minny kids if there are better players throughout the country that you can get. that was woogs philosophy and it didnt win him a title. lucia won 2 titles with NONminny kids in grant and vanek helping them. its stupid not to branch out

i wouldnt use the word "losing" recruits. they arent property of the gophers and who knows if some of these kids ever even wanted to go to minny. we dont know that. we know und, um and uw recruit some of the same kids but for sure. of course they would like both mattsons and a couple others but thats how it goes sometimes. lucia is smart for branching out as times have changed and most kids can end up anywhere these days. i always said why take 2nd and 3rd tier minny kids if there are better players throughout the country that you can get. that was woogs philosophy and it didnt win him a title. lucia won 2 titles with NONminny kids in grant and vanek helping them. its stupid not to branch out

they are losing more recruiting battles. better wording?

Agreed. Woog got stubborn about it to the tune of losing his job. And he'd do it the same way all over again. :lol: