SiouxSports.com Forum

Mike Prpich game worn jersey wanted?

hodgefan10

Somebody help me out here...I'm relatively new to the hockey world. Why is Prpich playing in England? Was it a better paycheck than US teams? Is he not good enough for the NHL? Forgive my ignorance, I'm sure someone here has the answer. I thought he was great at UND.

Thanks!

Read the above link posted by Devil Fan.

"University of Dakota graduate".

Oops! Thats not quite right!

Somebody help me out here...I'm relatively new to the hockey world. Why is Prpich playing in England? Was it a better paycheck than US teams? Is he not good enough for the NHL? Forgive my ignorance, I'm sure someone here has the answer. I thought he was great at UND.

Thanks!

he is a undrafted player that was a very good college player. he played a game in the AHL after his senior year then played in the CHL last season for New Mexico. Was gona play in the ECHL here in the states this year but either had a problem with his VISA (sp?) or something else happened and is playing overseas. They make good money overseas for the most part. He is a AHL player to me and hopefully will be able to prove that is he ever plays back in the states. The NHL is damn hard to play in. Hell, even draft picks sometimes never see a day in the NHL. Best of luck to Mike!

Thanks!

Mike got caught working in the States during the Summer without a work permit, So U.S. immigration refused him a work permit for at least this season.

Wages in the Elite league are on par with at least the ECHL, plus they get seen by the more lucrative European leagues such as Germany & Switzerland, where they can earn a bucket load of cash. Im sure Hamburg's wage bill is around $10 million.

refused him a work permit for at least this season.

At last!!!!! Some good news today. Some one posted that he would not be able to work in the U.S. for FIVE YEARS!! So how long is your season? I may have to go see him play there at least once. Gotta keep my stalking Prpich fan skills sharp!!

Oh, and with the lastest news regarding our name and logo, :lol: looks like I will never give up a game worn Fighting Sioux jersey.

he is a undrafted player that was a very good college player. he played a game in the AHL after his senior year then played in the CHL last season for New Mexico. Was gona play in the ECHL here in the states this year but either had a problem with his VISA (sp?) or something else happened and is playing overseas. They make good money overseas for the most part. He is a AHL player to me and hopefully will be able to prove that is he ever plays back in the states. The NHL is damn hard to play in. Hell, even draft picks sometimes never see a day in the NHL. Best of luck to Mike!

AHL, NHL, CHL, ECHL....Oy...I have much to learn. Is the AHL like the minor leagues for the NHL (like baseball)?

AHL, NHL, CHL, ECHL....Oy...I have much to learn. Is the AHL like the minor leagues for the NHL (like baseball)?

look here on top right there is a drop down menu that shows leagues

http://www.nhl.com/

AHL (aaa) all are NHL affiliates, some still may share. not sure

ECHL (aa) some are NHL affiliates

CHL

IHL

ELITE

MAHL

At last!!!!! Some good news today. Some one posted that he would not be able to work in the U.S. for FIVE YEARS!! So how long is your season? I may have to go see him play there at least once. Gotta keep my stalking Prpich fan skills sharp!!

Oh, and with the lastest news regarding our name and logo, :lol: looks like I will never give up a game worn Fighting Sioux jersey.

Here's the fixtures for this year. Cardiff is well worth a trip, plenty of places to see and steeped in history. We moved to Cardiff due to my job in the Armed Forces 14 years ago and instantly fell in love with the place. The whole family dont want to leave now.

http://www.thecardiffdevils.com/fixtures.asp