SiouxSports.com Forum

UND/UNO

Siouxdonyms

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kickoff into the end zone for a touchback. 1st and 10 at the 20.

Chappell runs for 4 yards on 1st.

Chappell runs close to a first down on 2nd down.

1st and 10. Freund hits Dressler, who was surrounded by 4 UNO defenders!

1st and 10. Chappell runs for very little gain.

McNeil has 126 yards and 2 TDs already. Banged up UNO offensive line is pushing Sioux defensive front around. That drive mostly on the ground.

I was hoping that wouldn't happened but UND up front is not the typical UND defensive line this year. Hopefully we can find a way to correct that this afternoon. The talent is there though so hopefully the boys let it all out today.

2nd and 9. Freund hits Dressler, who takes it the UNO 15. Dressler was wide open.

1st and 10. Chappell runs to the 10.

2nd and 5. Chappell runs for a short gain.

3rd and 4. Trenbeath catches it for a TOUCHDOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Another nice pass for Freund.

XP is good, 14-14.

1st and 10. Dressler takes the snap and runs for a about a 6 yard gain. Freund was lined up as a receiver.

2nd and 4. Chappell runs back to the line of scrimmage (had to run hard to get that). Flag on UNO for a late hit. 15 yard penalty.

1st and 10. Freund runs a fake for maybe a yard. Sioux trying a little bit of everything today! :love:

2nd and long, Freund scrambles and throws to Dressler on the run. First down.

1st and 10. Chappell runs to the UNO 35. Flag. Penalty on UND for a 5 yard loss.

1st and 15. Freund tries to hit Dressler, but Dressler was well covered. Almost interecepted.

2nd and 15. Freund tries to hit Dressler, but off again. C'mon boys. Letting this set of downs escape!

3rd and 15. Trenbeath makes it to the 26 and a first down!!!

1st and 10. Chappell runs to the 17 and close to a first.

2nd and 3. Chappell runs for 3 yards. First down. Chappell getting up slow. Murray comes in for him.

1st and 10. Murray runs for a yard or so.

2nd and 9. Freund scrambles and runs out of bounds. Lost a yard.

3rd and 11. Trenbeath pulls one out of mid-air, but short of the first. Lost his helmet on it too.

Sioux going for it on 4th.

4th and 1. Timeout for North Dakota.

4th and 1. Incomplete pass. Hit Sorbo in the shoulder pads.

The word of the day in the first half is "missed". Sounds like missed tackles have hurt us on defense and missed opportunities on offense. The good news about that is those are attitude things and can be fixed at halftime. I hope not taking the missed three points doesn't come into play as a field goal there may have been alright. But Lennon made the call and he has forgot more about football than I know so I will definately trust his judgement.

The word of the day in the first half is "missed". Sounds like missed tackles have hurt us on defense and missed opportunities on offense. The good news about that is those are attitude things and can be fixed at halftime. I hope not taking the missed three points doesn't come into play as a field goal there may have been alright. But Lennon made the call and he has forgot more about football than I know so I will definately trust his judgement.

I don't think our defense has played that bad. Obviously, there were quite a few missed tackles on the first McNeill run, but after that, they pretty much buckled down. I don't know if it's because I know our defense isn't as good this year as previous years, or something else, but I just don't think they're doing terrible. UNO started at UND 32 for their last scoring drive. Not helping your defense out a whole bunch when you put them in that position. Offense now, we need to make the plays. The one that sticks out is the one where Dressler was wide open and Freund overthrew him. That one hurt, as it could have been the difference between a tie game and the 7 point deficit were in now. Games only half played, so we can make up for it in the 2nd half, but we're going to have to do it ourselves. Can't expect Omaha to give it to us.