SiouxSports.com Forum

More ot the Wiki

siouxnami

You can follow this link OR I put a shortcut on the main page. The more wiki authors the better.

http://wiki.siouxsports.com/doku.php/2007_..._fighting_sioux

So far myself and a few others have created profiles for all current players and we also created a page for the Manitoba game. Red Frog was nice enough to link all the goals there. Going forward I (or you) can create similar entries for future games.

Also there are links to previous seasons, but the data there is scarce, so fell free to pick a season and start updating. Also if you have additional links, or info, or see a mistake, please feel free to update any page you see.

I, personally, might not have created pages for each game that duplicated info available elsewhere. Keeping up things like box scores seems like a lot of work, when it's all already automatically generated from databases in other places (including elsewhere on this site!)

My personal strategy would probably have been to try to link to existing databases (e.g. on a player page, link to his stats at hockeydb instead of copy them all over).

However, I'm certainly not trying to discourage anyone from doing anything they find useful. The fun part of the wiki is definitely that it democratically gives everyone the chance to build whatever pages about the Sioux they think are cool or useful. If something proves too much work and becomes abandoned, we can deal with that problem then.

I still wonder if it would be helpful to have a dedicated wiki editing forum where we could discuss issues like these?

I still wonder if it would be helpful to have a dedicated wiki editing forum where we could discuss issues like these?

That sounds like a good idea. Although I may not be able to add much information, I plan on linking all future Sioux, (and possibly opposing team??) goals that I can get. I think it would be nice to have a section to discuss possible changes/addidtions w/o clogging up the main forums.

I, personally, might not have created pages for each game that duplicated info available elsewhere. Keeping up things like box scores seems like a lot of work, when it's all already automatically generated from databases in other places (including elsewhere on this site!)

My personal strategy would probably have been to try to link to existing databases (e.g. on a player page, link to his stats at hockeydb instead of copy them all over).

However, I'm certainly not trying to discourage anyone from doing anything they find useful. The fun part of the wiki is definitely that it democratically gives everyone the chance to build whatever pages about the Sioux they think are cool or useful. If something proves too much work and becomes abandoned, we can deal with that problem then.

Really, for the stats, I just plan on updating at year end.

• 2 weeks later...
If anyone has the UND, BC, NE lines from this weekend, I would appreciate an update on the wiki, or here.

UND-BC

North Dakota Lineup

LW 16 Ryan Duncan 0-0-0 2/E C 7 T.J. Oshie 0-0-0 1/E RW 21 Matt Frattin 0-0-0 2/E

LW 22 Brad Malone 0-0-0 0/E C 17 Rylan Kaip 0-0-0 3/E RW 20 Matt Watkins 0-0-0 4/E

LW 19 Evan Trupp 0-0-0 0/E C 29 Chris VandeVelde 0-0-0 2/E RW 10 Andrew Kozek 0-0-0 2/E

LW 26 Kyle Radke 0-0-0 0/E C 11 Darcy Zajac 0-0-0 0/E RW 8 Ryan Martens 0-0-0 1/E

LD 4 Taylor Chorney 0-0-0 4/E RD 5 Chay Genoway 0-0-0 0/E G 1 Jean-Philippe Lamoureux 0-0-0 0

LD 2 Joe Finley 0-0-0 0/E RD 28 Robbie Bina 0-0-0 5/E G 31 Anthony Grieco 0-0-0 0

LD 6 Zach Jones 0-0-0 0/E RD 3 Derrick LaPoint 0-0-0 2/E

UND-NE