SiouxSports.com Forum

Redshirt Freshmen

BigGame

Has anyone heard how the Freshman that did not get the redshirt taken off are doing? Who looks good and could be impact players over the next few years?

I think Goska (the quarterback) and the receivers are going to be good. I know Lennon mentioned that the offensive linemen as a group were pretty impressive, but I'm not sure who exactly has stood out. I'm guessing the kid from Montana may be one. I'm going to be very interested to see how Schaan (defensive end) does once he puts on some weight. He's supposed to be quite a pass rusher. As a whole, I think this is going to be an extremely good class.

I think Goska (the quarterback) and the receivers are going to be good. I know Lennon mentioned that the offensive linemen as a group were pretty impressive, but I'm not sure who exactly has stood out. I'm guessing the kid from Montana may be one. I'm going to be very interested to see how Schaan (defensive end) does once he puts on some weight. He's supposed to be quite a pass rusher. As a whole, I think this is going to be an extremely good class.

Thanks for the info!

• 1 month later...

I think Goska is going to turn out to be a very good player. He's a terrific runner and played in a running offense in high school. He was overlooked some in recruiting because he didn't throw much in high school and had poor mechanics. I know the coaches feel that they can work with him to correct that and Dale Lennon says he reminds him of Grand Valley's Cullen Finnerty because of his running ability and overall makeup.