SiouxSports.com Forum

Mr. Electricity

Big10Sioux

• 2 weeks later...

Dressler named national semifinalist for Draddy Trophy

GRAND FORKS, N.D.--University of North Dakota senior wide receiver Weston Dressler has been named one of 16 Division II national semifinalists for the prestigious Draddy Trophy, announced today by the National Football Foundation and College Hall of Fame (NFF). A total of 153 semifinalists across all divisions were announced by the NFF.

One of college football

I've seen he has something like a 3.9 in management and seems to volunteer for everything the team does in the community. A real class act.

I guess I would think that an award of this prestige goes to individuals whose accomplishments go above and beyond the norm. If an athlete participates in team volunteerism, even if it's almost all of the activities, is that really beyond the norm?

The website for the Draddy isn't terribly descriptive regarding the "community leadership" qualification. I'm wondering how this is or should be interpreted. Do high-achieving, scholarship athletes even have time to be community leaders? Their schedules are crazy enough as it is.