SiouxSports.com Forum

Downie Hit causing a stir

AZSIOUX

I'm sure DaveK is fine with it. He apologized and said he didn't do it on purpose. I don't think he meant to do any of the outrageous things he's done in the past such as cross check a teammate in the mouth for no particular reason. (As posted on Goons blog).

Without going back and painfully going through DaveK's thoughts on instigators vs. enforcers/retaliators, I'm hoping that even DaveK is not oK with this ridiculously cheap hit .

It was a cheap shot, exponentially magnified with being dangerously close to the boards, and hopefully somewhere down the road someone will give him a beatdown in either practice or a dark alley somewhere, or maybe both. Unfortunately enough time will pass before Downie has what's coming to him, and anyone involved with the incident will have cooled off enough that Downie will only get 1/10th of what is coming to him. He'll probably end up getting Greened in practice somewhere down the road and only get roughed up a little bit.

I'd actually be ok with this hit IF it had been not so close to the boards, AND it had been done to Punko'biach, AND Prpich or another former Sioux player had been the hitter (of course it would have had to been done before the beatdown that Greene had already given him).

Limp wristed justice.

I just hope Downie doesn't get Moore'd.

Now, if the 20 game suspension is delayed until such time that he actually has to sit out 20 NHL games (going to the AHL doesn't count), that'd be different.

That's what I think. I never thought much about the the idea that when it comes to suspensions that a playoff game was worth 2 regular seasons game. But something like that does seem appropriate.

That's what I think. I never thought much about the the idea that when it comes to suspensions that a playoff game was worth 2 regular seasons game. But something like that does seem appropriate.

I don't think much of a suspension that allows for the person suspended to still participate in the sport he's suspended from.