SiouxSports.com Forum

Fighting Sioux in Denver 11/30--looking for some advice

Capitals23

My family and I are planning on traveling through Denver at the end of November and will be purchasing tickets to watch the Sioux. Has anyone been to the Magness Arena who can tell me if there are hotels/restaurants nearby? We'll be flying in and won't be renting a car.

Thanks in advance for any pointers you can share. :D

My family and I are planning on traveling through Denver at the end of November and will be purchasing tickets to watch the Sioux. Has anyone been to the Magness Arena who can tell me if there are hotels/restaurants nearby? We'll be flying in and won't be renting a car.

Thanks in advance for any pointers you can share. :D

Magness is right on campus. I don't recall if there are hotels right near by, but there must be. Within a short cab or bus distance for sure.

I would call the DU Athletic Department, or the DU Administration, and ask someone there the name, phone, and location of the nearest campus hotel.

Heck, if you are flying out as well, stay near the airport and shuttle to and fro. That is the trip that will break you.

the arena is on campus, its a sweet center they have for athletics. there are not hotels in walking distance really. i always just take a driver from the hotel if you have that or take a cab. its close but not walking close. i have done this trip 2 times and it was tons of fun with many sioux fans in the area. tickets are easy to get outside if need be as well. there are restaraunts around any hotel location as well as well as other establishments. i was gona do this trip again this year but instead my best friend is getting married and the bachelor party is nov 30th, thats cool as the party weekend will be back up north, then i looked at the hockey schedule and i will be parlaying the bach party with a sioux/gopher weekend at the ralph :D darn ;)

plus i plan on tearing up denver in april anyways

Be sure to stop at Woody's pizza for their lunch buffet......AWESOME. And Spanky's Roadhouse is another fun place to go!

If you are looking for something to do during the day I would recommend checking out the Air Force Acadmey in Colorado Springs, only about an hour drive from Denver.....and the U.S. Olympic Training Center as well, thats in the Springs. Hopefully you will be luckier then I was and not get pulled over TWICE in one weekend out there! :D

Your best bet is to stay downtown. Lots of places for the whole family to go. The 16th Street Mall is cool. However, if you do get a break from the family, may I suggest a couple of spots....

Diamond Cabaret

1222 Glenarm Place (6.6 miles from Magness Arena)

*Great Food and "live entertainment".... sure your wife would like the food...but probably not so much on the entertainment. This is located next to the Convention Center and new Hyatt. There is also a Holiday Inn a block away, so that would be a convenient spot for you!

Shotgun Willie's

490 S. Colorado Blvd (3.3 miles from Magness Arena)

*Decent food and "live entertainment".... not sure your wife would like either here :D .... but they have a really cool interactive website you can check out. Just make sure you have the sound turned up. They even give you money to tip the bartender and ....ummm......entertainers. Just move your mouse (not rat) around the screen.....cool site!

www.shotgun-willies.com

I think there will be alot of Sioux fans frequenting these places in early April..... GO SIOUX!!!

*Disclaimer: Of course this is all speculation on my part, as I would have no personal experience at these fine upstanding establishments*

Your best bet is to stay downtown. Lots of places for the whole family to go. The 16th Street Mall is cool. However, if you do get a break from the family, may I suggest a couple of spots....

Diamond Cabaret

1222 Glenarm Place (6.6 miles from Magness Arena)

*Great Food and "live entertainment".... sure your wife would like the food...but probably not so much on the entertainment. This is located next to the Convention Center and new Hyatt. There is also a Holiday Inn a block away, so that would be a convenient spot for you!

Shotgun Willie's

490 S. Colorado Blvd (3.3 miles from Magness Arena)

*Decent food and "live entertainment".... not sure your wife would like either here :D .... but they have a really cool interactive website you can check out. Just make sure you have the sound turned up. They even give you money to tip the bartender and ....ummm......entertainers. Just move your mouse (not rat) around the screen.....cool site!

www.shotgun-willies.com

I think there will be alot of Sioux fans frequenting these places in early April..... GO SIOUX!!!

*Disclaimer: Of course this is all speculation on my part, as I would have no personal experience at these fine upstanding establishments*

shotgun willies is a fine dining establishment ;) they should include this stuff in all the tourist guides ;)