SiouxSports.com Forum

Get ready to move those FTA dishes for the FSSN

iceberg

I have 12039 V 4872, if you read the previous page some of my posts and the replies might explain why mine are off. I just did a blind scan on my system and it picked it up. And as mentioned it is labeled FSSN - UND. I have 56% signal intensity with 71% signal quality so I'm not complaining.

My CBS Newspath is at 11718 V 14322, can I get yours to compare so I can try and guess where the Sioux TP is. I'm not sure if that'd help...but I'm just trying everything to find that TP.

My CBS Newspath is at 11718 V 14322, can I get yours to compare so I can try and guess where the Sioux TP is. I'm not sure if that'd help...but I'm just trying everything to find that TP.

CBS is at 11710 V 14320 so LNB is off by 7 or 8

try 12038 V 4880

• Downvote 1

I have 12039 V 4872, if you read the previous page some of my posts and the replies might explain why mine are off. I just did a blind scan on my system and it picked it up. And as mentioned it is labeled FSSN - UND. I have 56% signal intensity with 71% signal quality so I'm not complaining.

looks good. My Coolsat shows 75 and the Pansat shows 72

• Downvote 1

My CBS Newspath is the same as yours. If you are getting that you should be getting the FSSN.

My CBS Newspath is the same as yours. If you are getting that you should be getting the FSSN.

My CBS Newspath channel

Signal Intensity is 78%, Signal Quality 60%

Is that good enough, or should I re-adjust the dish???

I can't any better than 53 quality on my CBS Newspath. But nothing on the FSSN. :silly: I may have to wait for some leaves to fall, or fire up the chainsaw. Iceberg, are you heading north to Duluth sometime soon? Maybe I need your services again.

Bummer. I had my dish aimed a month ago and now I am showing no quality of signal on the coordinates that I am supposed to be on.

I am an idiot, by and large, and cannot raise my guy by phone. Busy.

Anyone with any ideas?

RU able to scan in anything where you're pointed?

Just got done spending a lot of time and frustration trying to figure out why I couldn't the signal, only to discover that the cable guy had cut the cable from the dish to the receiver when he was here on a service call this summer. What a complete D-BAG! :silly:

I can't any better than 53 quality on my CBS Newspath. But nothing on the FSSN. :silly: I may have to wait for some leaves to fall, or fire up the chainsaw. Iceberg, are you heading north to Duluth sometime soon? Maybe I need your services again.

I thought you lived in the Twin Cities area?

Did you try and skew the LNB a little bit? It should be straight up and down

Just got done spending a lot of time and frustration trying to figure out why I couldn't the signal, only to discover that the cable guy had cut the cable from the dish to the receiver when he was here on a service call this summer. What a complete D-BAG! :silly:

get a gun and find him

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Some folks with manual entry receivers are having trouble, they problem was solved when they used DFreq. 12033

Hi Pete,

Thanks, but that didn't work for me. I need to fix this before the Michigan State game. I have that BEC DBS 2000 you sold me. Would have a guess as to what kind of signal quality should I be getting from the CBS Newspath?

Thanks

Squirtcoach

I think 60 on the Traxis is pretty good

I appreciate all your help! I just wish I could find the dang signal. I've searced the freq high and low and can't find anything. Could I be on the wrong sat? Or is CBS Newspath only on the 93W sat?

Pete,

I have a motorized system you installed last year. I am not getting any channels on any satellite. Where do i start to trouble shoot. I live in the NW suburbs.

Give me a call and we can walk through it.

I had one call tonight with a similar issue he had not used the system all summer so had disconnected it, and had the cable from the dish motor plugged in the wrong input. It should go to LNB in.

HAve a look at the motor there should be a green light on the under side, it maybe orange. If there is no light go over all connections, start behind the receiver as above. If you have a light then at least you are getting power to the motor, check the cable between the motor and LNB.

Call for more help or keep me posted here or by e-mail :silly:

We will get you back up and running again! It's usually something simple.

• Upvote 1