SiouxSports.com Forum

Harmeson VP for general administration

PCM

This announcement was in the June 27 University Letter:

Phil Harmeson named vice president for general administration

Phil Harmeson, who served as the "Senior Associate to the President" for the past six years, is having his position and title upgraded to that of "Vice President for General Administration" by UND President Charles Kupchella. The UND Athletics Department and the Office of Affirmative Action will report to Mr. Harmeson under this new administrative title. Mr. Harmeson will still be responsible for governmental affairs and other special assignments from the President's Office. Also, the Conflict Resolution Center will now report to the Office of the Provost. Mr. Harmeson's appointment and the new reporting lines are effective July 1. "University presidents around the country have to spend more time dealing with external constituent groups and issues, especially in the context of fundraising and development," said Kupchella. "I came to the conclusion - after consulting senior campus leadership - that I had too many direct reports. I am most confident Phil will do an outstanding job in his new role, and it will strengthen the campus as we move forward." - Charles Kupchella, President.