SiouxSports.com Forum

UND Aviation in North Carolina

GeauxSioux

Two articles on UND's joint venture in North Carolina:

Aviation program's new home dedicated in Friday's activities

Two years ago, Robeson Community College and the University of North Dakota announced at the Mid-Atlantic Fly-In and Sport Aviation the creation of a joint aviation program between the two schools.

During the fly-in on Friday, they dedicated the program's new home - an 8,000 square-foot hangar at the Lumberton Municipal Airport.

The ceremony kicked off the first day of the annual three-day event that features military aircraft displays, fireworks, live music and food.

Bruce Smith, dean of the John D. Odegard School of Aerospace Sciences in North Dakota, called the facility "beautiful."

"We take pride in being a part of it," he said. "We pride ourselves on having a cold climate and warm hearts, and certainly here in North Carolina you have great southern hospitality and it's a perfect match."

DC-3 provides glimpse of U.S. aviation history

hey everyone, as some may know, i used to venture the campus of UND from 2004-2006 and then came back to North Carolina for school. I ahted finding out right after i got back that there was a satellite UND flight school about 1.5 hours from home that was only entry level aviation students, after i had already done 2 years of it. I have yet to actually go to the "campus", but I've seen N246ND (Piper Warrior) on the radar as coming around the airport where i work at, about 40 m iles north of there.

It's great that UND branches out like this, and i wish i could have had the chance to go to the satellite school. alas, now I am at a community college just up the road from there taking the exact same courses haha.