SiouxSports.com Forum

Cheering for Sioux & Avs

Avs_SiouxFan

Big hockey day for me. The Sioux game on at 6 & the Avs at 8. I will have to T-VO the first period of that. Avs need to win to keep playoff hopes alive. I will have both jerseys ready & hope for happy results!

A very tall order but do able, I hate Calgary so I am hoping they get into the playoffs.

I hoep I don't have to watch Calgary play that much in the Stanley cup playoffs, they are god awefull and like

watching the Badgers play hockey.

A very tall order but do able, I hate Calgary so I am hoping they get into the playoffs.

I hoep I don't have to watch Calgary play that much in the Stanley cup playoffs, they are god awefull and like

I'm not a big fan of Calgary either, however, I am rooting for them since trading for David Hale at the deadline. They seem to really be giving him a decent shot (much like they did for Commodore his last year before Carolina). It seems to me that David may have been a little frustrated in New Jersey before the trade (from articles that I've read) because he was averaging less than 8 minutes per game and since having recovered from his illness he has not played less that 15 minutes per game (I think)

Go SIOUX, AVS, & Sharks!!

The only thing more perfect than a Sioux victory and the Goonalanche in the playoffs would be a Sioux victory and Colorado playing the Red Wings in the first round of the playoffs.

I like that new team name perfect. I haven't had a chance to watch many of their games do they get into a lot of fights?

'Avs_SiouxFan' said:

Just Ian LaPierre, have you seen his nose?

We would not doubt play the Deadwings in the first found if we make it. Would be great to knock them out, they have been chocking in early rounds lately & now have the Goon BOOtuzzi

Fixed your post, I forgot about him. I haven't watched the Av's as much ussually watch the east coast teams. I also watch the Wild every chance I get.

I have been watching LA because Johnson signed and I have to say that the Av's really kicked it in the last half the year. I just hope the Av's GM doesn't fire the coach if they fall short. The team is going in the right direction. Stansy (sp) is really going to be a great player.

Would be great to knock them out, they have been chocking in early rounds lately & now have the Goon BOOtuzzi

I'd hardly say that losing three straight opening round series to the team that eventually became the Western Conference champion (Anaheim 2003, Calgary 2004, Edmonton 2006) would be considered 'choking'.

Now, blowing a 3-2 series lead after your goalie pulls the 'Statue of Liberty' in game 6, then not even showing up for game 7 in a 7-0 white-washing? THAT should be considered a choke!

Whoops!