SiouxSports.com Forum

Final Five

luapsided

:) I might actually get a chance to head down saturday to watch the championship game. I was just curious to anyone who has ever gotten scalped tickets in front of the Xcel. This is probably the way im going to get tickets and if anyone has heard or ever gotten tickets this way, could you tell me the price/prices of tickets? I know you can always get em, but its just the fact of how much they go for It is suppose to be against the law to increase scalped ticket prices in Mn right.(not that that will hold anyone back from doing so)

:) I might actually get a chance to head down saturday to watch the championship game. I was just curious to anyone who has ever gotten scalped tickets in front of the Xcel. This is probably the way im going to get tickets and if anyone has heard or ever gotten tickets this way, could you tell me the price/prices of tickets? I know you can always get em, but its just the fact of how much they go for It is suppose to be against the law to increase scalped ticket prices in Mn right.(not that that will hold anyone back from doing so)

I lost my ticket to the final last year, so I scalped one for $10. But that was a unique occurrence.

Two choices:

1) tickets are still available, from the X box office or Ticket#$%ster - you know the price today

2) scalp - price might be way below face (if its Tech vs. St Cloud), or above face (Minnesota vs anyone) - I've seen times when people are hanging around outside at gametime without tickets (2005 final Sioux-Gophers), so you might be left out in the cold.

The other implication is that what the X has left to sell is not the best seats. You can sometimes get really GOOD seats by scalping.

How lucky do you feel?

Two choices:

1) tickets are still available, from the X box office or Ticket#$%ster - you know the price today

2) scalp - price might be way below face (if its Tech vs. St Cloud), or above face (Minnesota vs anyone) - I've seen times when people are hanging around outside at gametime without tickets (2005 final Sioux-Gophers), so you might be left out in the cold.

The other implication is that what the X has left to sell is not the best seats. You can sometimes get really GOOD seats by scalping.

How lucky do you feel?

lucky i think..plus its saint pattys day so..! :) I guess the year I went, no matter what game, even the championship there were plenty of tickets being sold up front. I know there are tickets still available but I think Id rather chance my luck for under $50 lower bowl scalped tickets than even look at ticketmaster.joke. for nosebleed seats. I might even get free tickets this week but Im not relying on that of course.

lucky i think..plus its saint pattys day so..! :) I guess the year I went, no matter what game, even the championship there were plenty of tickets being sold up front. I know there are tickets still available but I think Id rather chance my luck for under $50 lower bowl scalped tickets than even look at ticketmaster.joke. for nosebleed seats. I might even get free tickets this week but Im not relying on that of course.

There will be lots of tickets outside the door (scalpers) at .......... kellogg and 7th street ..........prices unknown until matchups are know!

Good Luck GO SIOUX! :lol:

I have never had a problem at the Excel finding very good scalped tickets ... most will run $5-10 over face, depending on the teams playing.

There are usually Goofer fans deparding early in disgust after the Goof's choke in their first game, selling the rest of their tickets at deep discounts. :)

Really all the seats at the Xcel are pretty good. Obiviously its more fun to be closer to the action but you should be able to see from pretty much anywhere. I would also check at a boxoffice where you could try to get a couple single seats close together. That's what my sister and I do when things are "sold out"

Pay the scalpers for the championship before the Sioux semi-final. If the Sioux make it great, if they lose and the Gophers win you can get your money back. If they lose and the Gophers lose, sell them and take the proceeds to the bar. Most scenerios you come out ahead or even.

Pay the scalpers for the championship before the Sioux semi-final. If the Sioux make it great, if they lose and the Gophers win you can get your money back. If they lose and the Gophers lose, sell them and take the proceeds to the bar. Most scenerios you come out ahead or even.

they actually sell championship tickets before they know whos playing? :)

The way Minnesota has been playing, it's not likely you'll have to pay much for the championship game.

If Minnesota isn't in the final, tickets will be far below face value. You could probably get tickets for under $20 each.

If Minnesota is in the final, you'll be paying up the ass...if you can even find any on the street.

I may have one extra ticket for Saturday, really good seats in a big Sioux section....I will post again if those tix become available and will sell for what I bought them for!! Not looking to make any money here, just want the seat filled if one of my family members can't make it! The more green and white in the Excel, the better!

You may want to consider what is the realistic chance that Minnesota is going to lose to Wisconsin or Tech. In all fairness, I find this unlikely and I expect Minnesota will be in the final.

Sure there is, which is why I hope Tech beats UW and then Minnesota beats Tech. Then again, I think UND could beat both Tech or Minnesota. Despite the record, Elliott's had our number "lately."

Sure there is, which is why I hope Tech beats UW and then Minnesota beats Tech. Then again, I think UND could beat both Tech or Minnesota. Despite the record, Elliott's had our number "lately."

I'm not writing off St. Cloud. I think that is going to be a very hard game. The only non-competitive game we had with them is when they had nothing to play for. I never thought I'd say this, but they have a good coach and the last line change. One thing that will help us is the NHL rink.