SiouxSports.com Forum

I have never seen this before

Fetch

Yep, saw it, I think it was last year that someone posted it here. I've always wondered about that shot. Was it because it was on the stick that he could pick it up and throw it in?

Yup. Those lacrosse style goals are legal just as long as you keep the stick below the cross bar, otherwise goal would be disallowed due to high sticking. I figured everyone had seen the Legg goal before along with the Robbie Schremp goal this past training camp; that move was sick.

I was watching that game. It was Mich vs Gophs in the Frozen Four I believe. If I'm wrong I'm sure one of the Gophs fans will let me know. Can't remember the year.

That was something. I felt sorry for Steve DeBus, the Gophs goalie. He stood on his head that game against a powerhouse Mich team that went on to win the Frozen Four I believe.

I was watching that game. It was Mich vs Gophs in the Frozen Four I believe. If I'm wrong I'm sure one of the Gophs fans will let me know. Can't remember the year.

That was something. I felt sorry for Steve DeBus, the Gophs goalie. He stood on his head that game against a powerhouse Mich team that went on to win the Frozen Four I believe.

1996..........West Region Final, near the end of the 2nd period.

Michigan was behind by a goal at the time, despite being a clearly better team, and outplaying the Goph's. Went on to win by 2 I believe.

And you are correct, they went on to beat Colorado College for the title in the Frozen Four (though it wasn't call the Frozen Four at the time).