SiouxSports.com Forum

Grand Forks radio stations

JESUS,family,rutgers

90.7 is the best radio station most of the people in Grand Forks have never heard of. NPR news in the morning and at noon, but otherwise it's a great blend of music, with just about every genre you can think of. Mike Olson does a fabulous show from 9 to 10 and 12 to 3 during the day, and their afternoon DJ's play excellent music. Also, at both 10am and 6pm they have two "World Cafe" shows featuring live performances from all sorts of musicans. And to top it off, they play Jazz through the night.

The station used to be known as Northern Lights Public Radio, was shut down for a number of months a couple years back. At that time the station had been around for around 75 years, making it one of the oldest campus stations in the country. The Dakota Student did a couple articles on the closing of the station back in 2003. You can Google them if you're interested. Anyway, check it out. I listen pretty much everyday, and it never gets old.

You can listen online here

and you can see what is playing here

No AM listeners? Seriously?

I listen to 1440, The FAN -- all day programming out of Minneapolis, except for the 6-9 morning block. If you need a Vikings, Twins, T-wolves, or Gophers fix, they've got it.

I also listen to 1520, out of Mayville. From 7:00 a.m. to about 5:30 they carry ESPN Radio programming. Good national sports talk.