SiouxSports.com Forum

FSN Trivia Question

The Whistler

On Saturdays Hockey game Mazzocco's trivia question was about which WCHA teams have never shut out the Gophers on their home ice. Two of the teams were pretty obvious, Alaska and Mankato.

They also included the Sioux. I thought that Jon Casey had won a 1-0 game down there in I think the 1983-1984 season. Of course I'm going by memory and that's over 20 years ago.

Can anyone help me out?

On Saturdays Hockey game Mazzocco's trivia question was about which WCHA teams have never shut out the Gophers on their home ice. Two of the teams were pretty obvious, Alaska and Mankato.

They also included the Sioux. I thought that Jon Casey had won a 1-0 game down there in I think the 1983-1984 season. Of course I'm going by memory and that's over 20 years ago.

Can anyone help me out?

I think you're right that Casey stole a game there that weekend, but it was the 4-3 Friday night win, when the Sioux were out-chanced by a bunch. Saturday night was much tighter and more evenly played, but the Sioux lost 1-0 (my only trip to Williams arena). (I may have the wrong year however)

I think you're right that Casey stole a game there that weekend, but it was the 4-3 Friday night win, when the Sioux were out-chanced by a bunch. Saturday night was much tighter and more evenly played, but the Sioux lost 1-0 (my only trip to Williams arena). (I may have the wrong year however)

If that's the right year then I was also there for Saturday night, but not Friday. There was some alcohol involved which may explain any lapses of memory. Something like 50 saves for Casey jumps out of somewhere for the Friday night game.