SiouxSports.com Forum

The Biggest Wind in ND ...

The Sicatoka

Ugghh.......Ed is an invertebrate. He has no spine.

On a related note, since Clear Channel owns the rights to UND athletics, what does the sale of their Fargo stations to Ingstad, particularly KFGO and KVOX, mean for the Sioux broadcasts on those stations in the future? I believe the deal signed last summer was for two years. Will they still be on KFGO? Or will they be out of the Fargo market. Regardless, it will make it very interesting the next time the broadcast rights come up for bid in 2008.

PCM and I are in the process of buying a series of local, but high power, stations around the region.

I'm going to be Ops Manager and Program Director; he's going to be the News Director, Sports Director, and Prime On-Air Talent.

Our format: "All PCM, all the time!"

We'll be bidding on UND Athletics. :D

... what does the sale of their Fargo stations to Ingstad, particularly KFGO and KVOX, mean for the Sioux broadcasts on those stations in the future?

Take heart in the following words from here:

Those are the lessons the brain wizards in the NDSU athletic department should have learned as they shuffle back to WDAY, jockstraps in hand, to work out a broadcast deal to air the mighty Bison. The flirtations with Clear Channel are dead, mainly because that entity decided University of North Dakota hockey broadcasts are too profitable to let get away.

UND over NDSU? Hopefully a lesson in humility and certainly a slap in the face.

and here:

“Bottom line: it was not a profitable business relationship for us at this time,” (WDAY general manager Mark) Prather said (speaking about carrying NDSU Bison athletic broadcasts)