SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux Men vs. Central Washington

bincitysioux

CWU is 4-6 on the season. They're a high scoring team averaging about 84 pts/game, but they give up about 82 points per game. They also turn the ball over about 18 times a game. They're leading scorers are F Lance Den Boer (Sr., 6-6, 215) and G Tyler Monk (Jr., 6-0, 190). Den Boer is scoring 18 pts/game and leads the team in rebounding with 5 per game. Monk is averaging 13 pts/game.

CWU seems to be more of a outside shooting team. UND should have the edge as far as physical play goes. CWU doesn't really seem to have a huge inside scoring threat. If UND can take care of the ball, they should be able to come out on top. They led the entire game last night until about 3 minutes left, then gave it away. UND is now 3-5 away from the Sioux Center.

CWU is 4-6 on the season. They're a high scoring team averaging about 84 pts/game, but they give up about 82 points per game. They also turn the ball over about 18 times a game. They're leading scorers are F Lance Den Boer (Sr., 6-6, 215) and G Tyler Monk (Jr., 6-0, 190). Den Boer is scoring 18 pts/game and leads the team in rebounding with 5 per game. Monk is averaging 13 pts/game.

CWU seems to be more of a outside shooting team. UND should have the edge as far as physical play goes. CWU doesn't really seem to have a huge inside scoring threat. If UND can take care of the ball, they should be able to come out on top. They led the entire game last night until about 3 minutes left, then gave it away. UND is now 3-5 away from the Sioux Center.

I think this game is crucial if for no other reason than to give the team confidence that they could conceivably win an NCC road game this year. With a loss today, I would have serious doubts as to whether they will win another game away from the Betty this year.

CWU 67

UND 62

Final Score

2 tough losses for UND this weekend. We actually had a 1 point lead late in this game as well. Signs of a young team that hasn't played together alot. I think I heard Swygman say UND shot under 40% from the field for the night. Very uncharacteristic, the Sioux have shot around 51% from the field all year.

Jones will turn this thing around....it's just a matter of time.

I am confident of that as well. There is alot of talent on this team, and they show promise. And most of them were recruited by Glas, so after Jones gets more of "his" players into his system there will be even more to look forward. Hopefully Doyle gets healthy quick, that will help as well.

Scoring Leaders

Little 18

Youmens 18

Gutter 12

Youmens had 5 assists and Little had 9 rebounds. UND had 19 turnovers and shot just 38% from the field. Had they kept the Turnovers around 10-12, and shot the ball like they normally do, the Sioux would have won this game easily. UND outrebounded CWU 38-32.