SiouxSports.com Forum

WCHA rankings

Lives-to-play-hockey-06

1. Minnesota- This team is loaded, goaltending isn't as big of a question mark as it has been in the past.

2. St. Cloud- Very top heavy, their first line is the real deal. I also like Borer on D. I think Goepfert maybe the best goalie in the country. He isn't as consistent as an Elliot or Schneider but can steal any game. I think this team has it in place to make a run at the NCAA's this year.

3.Denver- This team is dangerous with Fisher in net and vulnerable without him. They have fire-power up front. Alot of their better players are really young so that could be a concern.

4.Wisconsin- This team has been pretty banged up this year and is still in the hunt. Elliot will keep them in every game and when they are healthy they are dangerous.

5.CC- They lost alot upfront off of last years team, and have looked vulnerable at times this year. They have some scoring punch.

6. UND- It was tough to put them so low but I had too, UND has been off this year. They have plenty to work with and they can play with anyone when they are on.

7.Michigan Tech- Pounded UAA 9-0 this year, They don't tend to give up alot of goals. They don't have a ton of fire power and don't really have alot of upset potential.

8.Alaska-anchorage- some nice wins this year, tough at home. this team has upset potential but a long run in the play-offs is unlikely.

9.Minnesota Duluth- Goaltending hasn't really been there for them this year, Raymond and Niskinan provide most of this teams offense.

10. Minnesota State- They have looked good at times but haven't put many games away, I like Morin up-front, he is their big horse and he is one of the top 5 forwards in the conference. Goaltending has been sketchy and they give up way too many goals.

1. uhhhh, yeah. they are kind of good

2. playing for 2nd

3. playing for 2nd

4. playing for 2nd

5. who cares

6. sioux, will be on edge for home ice with sconnie and uaa

7. we are not here yet, well i guess we are when looking at the wcha standings ???

8. hopefully never here as well

9. not gonna happen

10. never ever in my lifetime :)

:glare: hope this helps

seriously, i think we will end up 3rd or 4th at the end of the year and make a nice final 5 run........

1. UM - The remaining question is how goaltending will finish down the stretch. Regionals in either Michigan or Denver will not be a picnic. They are the only top three lock in my opinion.

2. SCSU - They have looked to me to be VERY good. Goaltending should actually improve.

3. UW - I really hope I'm wrong.

4. UND - I just think in the end they will be better and finish better than the CO schools.

5. DU

6. CC

7. AA

8. MTU

9. MSU

10. UMD - Whenever I trash these guys they end up winning around eight in a row.

I think UW, UND, DU, CC are going to be playing for the crucial #3 WCHA and #5 WCHA spots and of course two NCAA tourney spots. Once in the NCAA tourney any of the four could advance to the Frozen Four.

#1 Minnesota Time will tell if the Virg Foss is to much of a burden

#2 St Cloud Didn't look all that great here,like the Badgers their goalie bails them out

#3 UND Hak straightens the team out during X-Mas break and go 12-4 or 11-5 in the remaining league games

#4 CC Zaba plays very well and their Offense keeps improving.

#5 Wisconson Elliot nuff said

#6 Denver Injuries keep knocking them down,not the same fire as the past seasons

#7 AA very good at home,team concept,Lawson

#8 Mich Tech Not quite over the hump

#9 Mankato Tormeys(sp) injury not looking good for any Landcow wins

#10 UMD someone figure this team out,could spell the end of Sandelins tenure

Wisc. isn't even in the top 25? I have a tough time seeing St. Lawrence as a stronger team then Wisc.

UND beats Quinnipiac 6-1 and 4-2 and quinnipaic is ranked 6 spots higher than the sioux?

it is all when you lose. doesnt matter who beats who for the most part. thats a argument i cant stand when i see it. the sioux are 1 game under .500. that makes a huge differnece in rankings. have to WIN your damn games. lets go beat tech up....