SiouxSports.com Forum

Keep the faith

THETRIOUXPER

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am going to make a Trail of Carnage T-shirt and wear it in St Louis.

That is CLASSIC.

Yeah, you could have a picture of a hockey player (in a Sioux jersey or something), stomping his way towards the arch in St. Louis (kind of like how godzilla or king kong would destroy a city.) Behind him you could have the logo's of the teams that we beat to get there (the actual "Trail of Carnage",) a mav, a huskie, a wolverine, and a goopher. Then under the arch you could have a bc, mich st., and maine logo with the caption "who's next." Or something like that.

I was happy to find this thread dusted off this morning. I was just thinking last night, trying to recall who had posted a thread about keeping the faith and through it all, St. Louis is where we would end up. Funny enough, here is that thread and off we go to St. Louis. You gotta like it!

Go Sioux!

I have to admit that on Saturday night when Michigan quickly went up by two goals, I wrongly accused the THETRIOUXPER of not drinking enough beer and eating enough chicken wings to get the Sioux to the Frozen Four. I feel like a total dweeb now. :D

I have to admit that on Saturday night when Michigan quickly went up by two goals, I wrongly accused the THETRIOUXPER of not drinking enough beer and eating enough chicken wings to get the Sioux to the Frozen Four. I feel like a total dweeb now. :D

And again, I apologize for my use of profanity during the first minute of the first period. I told Hak last year at the meet and greet after the FF I was going to ramp up my training and consume more beer and wings until we get to St. Louis. He looked at me like I really needed help and said " Do what you gotta do man." I've held up my end of the deal, and so has the team, two more games is all I ask for.

You need more than help, let me tell you that!!!!!!!! :D

Devils are gonna crush your cake eating Sabres tonight, TR!!!!!!!!! GO :D !!!!!!!!

Whatever, your Parise poster is going see so many tears you will have to cry on your Winger one for a while so you don't permanently smear Zach's image.

And again, I apologize for my use of profanity during the first minute of the first period.

I was amazed that sappysieve didn't kick you out of his house. He was obviously deeply offended. :D

I told Hak last year at the meet and greet after the FF I was going to ramp up my training and consume more beer and wings until we get to St. Louis. He looked at me like I really needed help and said " Do what you gotta do man."

That's why I feel so terrible. How could I doubt your commitment to the team? How could I doubt your crystal ball? Had she been there, Hockey Mom would've punched me out -- again. nose_punch.gif

I've held up my end of the deal, and so has the team, two more games is all I ask for.

They owe you, man. They owe you. :D

Triouxper,

You could've told them the truth and said I have a one-of-a-kind signed poster of George Michaels in buttless leather chaps that you envy and want in such a bad way. The last two times you've been over for hockey, you head straight for that picture. Don't lie about this either!!!!!

Triouxper,

You could've told them the truth and said I have a one-of-a-kind signed poster of George Michaels in buttless leather chaps that you envy and want in such a bad way. The last two times you've been over for hockey, you head straight for that picture. Don't lie about this either!!!!!

Okay, I think I've watched my last game at your house. :D:D

Triouxper,

You're just pissed that your ass-less yellow Prince pants don't fit you anymore.

C'mon PCM, you couldn't resist peeping out your kitchen window if I was out there mowing the yard in those babies!!!!

That's only because I'd be curious about how fast the police would get there to investigate reports of people being blinded by the moon during the day. :D

Below is a response back on December 11, 2006, after all the Sioux faithful had jumped off the bandwagon. I'll say it again ... Keep The Faith.

"The UND Fighting Sioux Men's hockey team will be just fine folks. Don't the undies in a bundle. It's a marathon and not a race.Osh and Toews will get back on track in terms of point production then look out. You seem to forget they're sticking the top defenders on both of them and usually shadowing and double teamming them. Just like last year when Stafford and Zajac were the big scoring punch and they struggled a little bit early too.This coaching staff is the nation's best. Hakstol & Company will have these boys playing and hitting on all cylinders as the year progresses. Let's not be fair weather fans and bust these kids up. We play in the greatest conference in college hockey and games are ususally a dog fight. That's good. That is what you want. Playing high caliber teams, night in and night out and competing. That is what builds chemistry .. character .. passion. These boys will be there in the end. Don't be surprised if #8 is hanging in the rafters next season after the Show in St. Loiuie in April. Have faith!!!!"

These kids are the most resilient group of athletes I've ever seen.

Good Luck Boys.

Below is a response back on December 11, 2006, after all the Sioux faithful had jumped off the bandwagon. I'll say it again ... Keep The Faith.

I know I was starting to worry abit. Nothing like a free heart attack to start the first half of the season off with. ;):lol:

These boys will be there in the end. Don't be surprised if #8 is hanging in the rafters next season after the Show in St. Loiuie in April. Have faith!!!!"

Good Luck Boys.

We are going to hold you to that. :lol:

"The UND Fighting Sioux Men's hockey team will be just fine folks. Don't the undies in a bundle. It's a marathon and not a race.Osh and Toews will get back on track in terms of point production then look out. You seem to forget they're sticking the top defenders on both of them and usually shadowing and double teamming them. Just like last year when Stafford and Zajac were the big scoring punch and they struggled a little bit early too.This coaching staff is the nation's best. Hakstol & Company will have these boys playing and hitting on all cylinders as the year progresses. Let's not be fair weather fans and bust these kids up. We play in the greatest conference in college hockey and games are ususally a dog fight. That's good. That is what you want. Playing high caliber teams, night in and night out and competing. That is what builds chemistry .. character .. passion. These boys will be there in the end. Don't be surprised if #8 is hanging in the rafters next season after the Show in St. Loiuie in April. Have faith!!!!"

Good Luck Boys.

Was this about the time that posters were forming a virtual lynch mob aimed at Finley and Lee?