SiouxSports.com Forum

Fighting Sioux vs Badgers

Sioux-cia

Blame who you want but they don't have Parise type goaltending this season and they are going to need it if this team is to have any hope at turning it around.

Think about this? What made Parise stand out? He had a little chip on his shoulder! Something to prove. I think Walski is the only goaltender on this team with something to prove....why not give him a shot?

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What's it going to take to make these guys realize they have to go all out or their talent don't mean !@$!!!! They should have played the whole game like the 3rd period (intensity-wise). Many, many passes missed. The one thru the slot just before the TO totally surprised our guy standing right on the doorstep!!!!!! Bucky played harder, better and smarter and consequently won. Goaltending wasn't even close - Bucky in a landslide.

I'm very disappointed in the Sioux tonight. The defense just plainly sucks I'm done sugarcoating and putting a cherry on top. And was it me or did Zach Jones have an awful game? He took untimely penalties. We can't be in the penalty box half the game. :angry:

I'm driving to Grand Forks from Minot to watch the game tomorrow I hope it's worth the trip and they pull off a win.

When can we start chanting "Seasons Over?" :lol:

I'm driving from Rochester! I agree. Better be worth it. When is Hakstol going to realize that Lee stinks.

Hak post game comments:

We cost ourselves a hockey game in the 2nd period. 3 penalties in a row and losing a couple of battles.

3rd goal was a missed line change, guys not sharp on the bench for the line change.

4th goal is them not doing the job in front of the net. We didn't get a shot on net in the 2nd until we scored a goal.

Elliott played very well, but we know he's going to do that. We played well enough for 2 periods to win a game, but it's a 3 period game.

Penalty in the 3rd by Porter is a penalty you can't take. In one way or another, mentally, you're quitting on your team.

We gave away some great opportunities and we didn't get a save at the right time.

We weren't able to really get 4 lines involved. Saying that, 4th line did go out and took a penalty.

Come back tomorrow night and go back to work. Like to see a little anger coming out of the locker room.

Hak post game comments:

We cost ourselves a hockey game in the 2nd period. 3 penalties in a row and losing a couple of battles.

3rd goal was a missed line change, guys not sharp on the bench for the line change.

4th goal is them not doing the job in front of the net. We didn't get a shot on net in the 2nd until we scored a goal.

Elliott played very well, but we know he's going to do that. We played well enough for 2 periods to win a game, but it's a 3 period game.

Penalty in the 3rd by Porter is a penalty you can't take. In one way or another, mentally, you're quitting on your team.

We gave away some great opportunities and we didn't get a save at the right time.

We weren't able to really get 4 lines involved. Saying that, 4th line did go out and took a penalty.

Come back tomorrow night and go back to work. Like to see a little anger coming out of the locker room.

remember a couple years ago when the goaltending was so bad...the so-called "practice goalie" Marc Ranfranz actually got in and played relatively well?? I can't believe I'm standing up saying...

walski...

WALski...

WALSKI!!! but that's about where we're at I think! :angry:

It may have to come to that depending on how the kid performs tomorrow.

It may have to come to that depending on how the kid performs tomorrow.

I won't be surprised if Greico starts tomorrow night. Don't know about Walski. Greico didn't give up any goals. Granted, Wisconsin was in defensive mode for the period other than on their PP.

got it thanks--not give anyone a good laugh-but....and keep in mind i'm fairly new to this, but does hak. play his best guys all the time?i mean on the blue line. there is nobody that can deny all the talent that is there.but would an older guy like foyt bring some stability to the table? maybe there would'nt be as much point production but a solid force from what i'am reading woul'nt be all bad either.I know a walk on is'nt the answer but i'm wondering what people think.

though i like genoway anywhere, id prefer him in the forward spot and radke in. genoway did have a nice goal tonight

I think they're trying to prepare for the 2 defenseman who are going to be gone during the WJC by giving Chay some time on defense. Don't know if that's a wise choice when there's points at stake for the league.