SiouxSports.com Forum

Nickel Trophy series question

Hammersmith

I was trying to add to the Nickel Trophy page at Wikipedia when I ran into a problem. Both the NDSU and UND media guides agree that UND leads the series 35-30, but when I list out the years, I can only come up with 34 wins for UND. The series was played from 1938-2003 with 1943 and 1944 off for WW2. That should only allow for 64 games. It was my understanding that neither of the two playoff games in 1994 and 1995 counted towards the record. Can anyone show me where I'm wrong, or is the record incorrect?

I'm going to go ahead and make the addition to the NT page(box on the right-hand side) with the 34-3031 figure, but I'll leave the 35-30 figure alone in the text for now.

edit: I also just noticed that NDSU and UND played twice in 1945, splitting the games. By my count, that puts the Nickel series at 34-31. Now I'm really confused.

Both games counted in '45 because both were regular season, neither of the playoff games in the 90s did (agreed upon before the game).

Your wikipedia page seems to given 1980 to NDSU, whereas my page above gives it to UND 38-20. That's probably the difference between 35-30 and 34-31.

D'oh. <head slap> Thanks, that was the problem. I should have double checked that right away. Now I feel like a schmuck. I sent out an email to the pres of Blue Key 10sec before I checked back here. Double d'oh. Thanks again.