SiouxSports.com Forum

Let's bring 'em home

jimdahl

The banner in the upper right is a non-paid advertisement for a charity I've followed for a few years, now.

Ernie has run this program for about five years -- donations pay for low-grade U.S. military men and women travel home to see their families for the holidays, which they otherwise would not be able to afford.

It has been certified as a non-profit. More background here. I know everyone is tight around the holidays; but if even 50 college hockey fans gave $10, that could reunite 1-2 soldiers (who are putting their lives on the line so we can worry about such trivial things as athletic nicknames and hockey scores, rather than attacks and invasions) with their families for the holidays. Your questions are probably answered in this FAQ.

Thanks for your time.

Jim

I am sending a small check today, Jim. Thanks for bringing this charity to my attention. I appreciate the sacrifice of servicemen and women and I hope my donation, combined with those of others, helps to bring one of our bravest home to loved ones for Christmas.