SiouxSports.com Forum

2006-2007 ND High School Hockey

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep your obviously right and everyone should just listen to you and not speak their own opinion........i dont know why anyone else says anything because you obviously have the answers to everything........your a dumb***

?Good post? Do your parents know that you're on here?

Well i would have to say thats a pretty good sum up of what has been talked about the last couple days.

Quite a few generalizations being made in there and I don't necessarily have a problem with some of the statements. On the other hand the statement that "Elite 2 hockey is the equivalent of JV hockey" does not square with what I have seen, in fact, it is far from a credible statement. For example, prior to the 04-05 high school hockey season the Elite II team roster had Paul Weisgarber, Erik Galt, Andy Petersen, Jake Delisle, Nick Klenow, Justin Welk, Marc Harrie, Jeff Foss and Jordy Christian just to pick a few off the top of my head. Now that is an Elite II team and they did not win all of their games in that league. That hardly sounds like JV hockey to me.

Quite a few generalizations being made in there and I don't necessarily have a problem with some of the statements. On the other hand the statement that "Elite 2 hockey is the equivalent of JV hockey" does not square with what I have seen, in fact, it is far from a credible statement. For example, prior to the 04-05 high school hockey season the Elite II team had Paul Weisgarber, Erik Galt, Andy Petersen, Jake Delisle, Nick Klenow, Justin Welk, Marc Harrie, Jeff Foss and Jordy Christian just to pick a few off the top of my head. Now that is an Elite II team and they did not win all of their games in that league. That hardly sounds like JV hockey to me.

I know I caught myself after I posted that. I should have clarified that as Now ELITE 2 is the equvilent of JV hockey. I agree the team used to be alright now they are brutal.

I know I caught myself after I posted that. I should have clarified that as Now ELITE 2 is the equvilent of JV hockey. I agree the team used to be alright now they are brutal.

Well, I have not seen any Elite II games this year and only checked the roster once. How did you come to the conclusion that it is at a JV level? JV hockey in North Dakota is terrible - except maybe at a couple of schools. Perhaps Elite II has gone down hill but I would be interested in hearing more regarding how you came to that conclusion. What was their season like? Were the Elite II teams from Minnesota poor? A good number of the players in Elite II in 04-05 from Minnesota are now in the USHL, NAHL and at least one (Cade Fairchild) is in the USA Developmental Hockey Program out of Ann Arbor. I doubt that the entire league has gone from that level to JV. What led you to that conclusion - which I assume is about the ND/NE Minnesota team?

Tyler Lindberg is not Jamestown's better goalie...Enderle has had his struggles already this year but I have seen them both play for a couple years now and seeing alot of JV games in Jtown last year...I would say Enderle is still better...Tyler is a decent goalie but is young and needs some development if you ask me...

The team used to be alright? Paul Weisgarber (USHL), Erik Galt (USHL/NAHL), Jeff Foss (USHL), Jordy Christian (USHL/St. Cloud), Marc Harrie (NAHL). How do you figure a team with those guys is just decent? I think everyone in here would agree you seem like a high school student and probably a hockey player. Did you play Elite 2 last year and know the quality is down? Or did you play Elite one like Paul, Erick, Andy, Jake, Nick, Jeff, And Jordy did the year after there season with Elite 2?

The team used to be alright? Paul Weisgarber (USHL), Erik Galt (USHL/NAHL), Jeff Foss (USHL), Jordy Christian (USHL/St. Cloud), Marc Harrie (NAHL). How do you figure a team with those guys is just decent? I think everyone in here would agree you seem like a high school student and probably a hockey player. Did you play Elite 2 last year and know the quality is down? Or did you play Elite one like Paul, Erick, Andy, Jake, Nick, Jeff, And Jordy did the year after there season with Elite 2?

This last years elite 2 team has players on JV and a bunch of very average players.

This last years elite 2 team has players on JV and a bunch of very average players.

That may be true. I haven't looked at this years roster. But to say a team with 5 future Jr. A hockey players was merely "alright" it seems like you're implying your unimpressed by those players and think your head and shoulders above them. That was just my read on things.

That may be true. I haven't looked at this years roster. But to say a team with 5 future Jr. A hockey players was merely "alright" it seems like you're implying your unimpressed by those players and think your head and shoulders above them. That was just my read on things.

Well it should have occured to you that I don't really care about a elite 2 team from 4 years ago. I never even brought them up you did. All I was trying to do was say somthing about this years team being like a jv team and then you and your dad come on here and say somthing about a team from 4 years ago. I'm sorry I should have made it more clear that my original post had nothing to do with an elite 2 team from 4 years ago. Why the **** would I be talking about them? OK here that team was GREAT happy?!? Since I was refering to only stuff from this year, Why would I be refering to a elite 2 team from 4 years ago?

Do you see what I'm saying? Or next when I say North is bad are you going to come back with, well 18 years ago they won a state championship? Do you think a team that wins a state championship is bad?

Well it should have occured to you that I don't really care about a elite 2 team from 4 years ago. I never even brought them up you did. All I was trying to do was say somthing about this years team being like a jv team and then you and your dad come on here and say somthing about a team from 4 years ago. I'm sorry I should have made it more clear that my original post had nothing to do with an elite 2 team from 4 years ago. Why the **** would I be talking about them? OK here that team was GREAT happy?!? Since I was refering to only stuff from this year, Why would I be refering to a elite 2 team from 4 years ago?

Do you see what I'm saying? Or next when I say North is bad are you going to come back with, well 18 years ago they won a state championship? Do you think a team that wins a state championship is bad?

That has nothing to do with what I said. You said Elite 2 hockey is like JV hockey (which may be true). NDpride then brought about the information of a a number very good hockey players (one going division1) and you were still unable to get the point. Last years Elite 2 team from ND may have been bad. But that doesnt mean the team the year prior (Ian Powers, Zach Miller, Tanner Hills), or in years future will be poor. Nor does it mean that all teams in that league are like JV teams. I'd put my money on the top Elite 2 team in the league against any High School team in ND. The point was your generalization about Elite 2 hockey just doesn't add up. I get your point, and I should have been able to read that you were talking specifically about this years team. I really don't see where Fargo North or my recently turned 71 year old father fits into the mix. North is bad and has been for several years, and likely will be for years to come. If you were to say no good players have ever came out of Fargo North then I would probably disagree and point you towards players Cory McClean (sp?), and Aaron Walski.

there is a couple of games this week that will help clear up the status of the fargo schools. first tonight north will find out if they are for real and a contender when they play grafton. then saturday south hosts the #9 rated team from minnesota, white bear lake to find out how good they will be this year.

my prediction is fargo 0-2

there is a couple of games this week that will help clear up the status of the fargo schools. first tonight north will find out if they are for real and a contender when they play grafton. then saturday south hosts the #9 rated team from minnesota, white bear lake to find out how good they will be this year.

my prediction is fargo 0-2

if souths defense plays like they did against grafton white bear lake will win by a lot...hopefully souths goalie will have a good game...

I'd put my money on the top Elite 2 team in the league against any High School team in ND. The point was your generalization about Elite 2 hockey just doesn't add up.

Elite II teams would come nowhere close to the top 3 teams in the state, but beyond that would be close or blow out the lower tier teams.

Your seeing two brutal teams play.

I agree. That game was hard to watch. I dont know if Grafton is just out of shape or what. They looked sluggish and were playing like they didnt even care. Even with the way they were playing they should have won. I think they scored on themselves twice(once for sure) and another North goal was scored blatantly after the whistle. Does anyone know the last time Grafton started 0-2? Or how about the last time North started 3-0? Brutal.

I think North is going to be outmatched in most aspects of the game on thursday. GPR has 2 lines at least that get up and down the ice very well and they are always crafty and move the puck well. Neither team has a goalie so that factor cancels out. Also from what I hear Grafton was very physical with South last night. Is this true? That hasn't been typical from Grafton in the past few years. My prediction is 6-2 in favor of the Spoilers.

Comparatively this year of high school hockey has significantly less talent than years passed. There are no players like Jake Marto, Jordan Willert or Rody Selk who played two years ago. Grand Forks Red River has two defenseman who are very good but nothing like Marto. Jordan Willert was in the USHL all-star game last season and I do not believe there are any players of that caliber playing in ND right now. Because the state is down and the new rule changes I believe point totals will be huge. I think if you get 30 or 40 points this year, you would probably get a little more than half of that in previous years. What does everyone else think?

I completely agree the state is down. There are very few goalies that are worth anything this year. This could be the weakest talent pool ive seen in a very long time.