SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ MSU-Mankato

PCM

End of 1st Period

Mankato 2, UND1

What a weird first period. The Sioux scored first on a power play goal by Notermann take their first lead since the first Michigan Tech game. Less than two minutes later, the Mavs Nate Metcalf scored his first goal of the season with a shot right off the faceoff. The Mavs then caught the Sioux on a line change and Grant Stevenson sniped Ranfranz on a breakaway.

Matt Green took a penalty early in the period and went straight for the locker room as instructed by Blais. But Green had to serve the penalty, so he was called back.

The second period is under way. The Sioux started the period on the power play, but couldn't get anything.

Parise is called for hooking.

MSU's Abel scores on a rebound on the power play to put the Mavs up 3-1.

Sioux getting very sloppy defensively. Mavs are getting some good odd-man rushes.

Forgot to mention that Green is back on the bench.

Parise gets hit with a high stick as he's going to the bench. Mav player assessed a 5-minute major. Sioux on the power play. Zach's okay and back in the game.

Palmiscno scores on the rebound to make it 3-2. Sioux still have 2:52 left on the major. Tyler gets his first goal of the season.

Now Schneider takes a high-sticking penalty. Mavs on a 5-on-3 power play.

Hennessy says the penalty was unintentional.

Parise gets a breakway while the Sioux are down two men, deeks Jensen and misses the net. Zach draws a penalty for his efforts.

Is there any hope for this team?:0?

What has caused this melt down for the Sioux???

There's still a period left. Remember, they came back from three down at The Ralph to tie Mankato.

Unfortunatley, the Sioux are getting scoring chances, they just can't bury them. To make matters worse, their goaltending has left them.

When things go right, Prpich puts that one in at the end of the major, for the tie.

Or Parise scores on the 3x5 shorthanded break at the end of the period for an absolutely huge goal. But things aren't going right.

I preach to keep the faith, but it could be an awfully long third period if MSU scores the next goal.

Third period is under way.

Ranfranz is still in goal. Gets his stick broken 13 seconds into the period.

Stevenson scores on the power play to make it 5-2.

Notermann had two great chances shorthanded and was robbed by Jensen.

It's starting to get ugly. I wouldn't be surprised if someone dropped the gloves before this one is over.

Wow. Bochenski scores on the power play to make it 5-3.

I don't even know how we came out of that on the power play.

Jones dings a shot off the pipe.

Just when it looks like the Sioux are gaining momentum, Connelly takes a tripping penalty.

Signs of life for the Sioux. Keep the puck bouncing around in front of Jensen and maybe something good will happen.

As I type that, Connelly to the box for tripping. Tough to get much momentum going when you have to take two minutes off and hope to keep them off the scoreboard to boot.

Sioux get another goal. Lee Marvin from the point!

It's 5-4!

Jensen couldn't see the puck because Parise was hauled down right in front of him. No call, of course.

Mavs take a timeout.

Sioux continue putting on great pressure.

Sioux go back on the power play at 10:05. UND is 3-5 on the power play.

Sioux get some great chances on the power play, but can't convert. They're literally peppering Jensen with shots. He's all that's keeping them in the game.

About 7 minutes left in the game.

Sioux outshooting Mavs 48-21.

Hammy, I agree with you! Jensen is a sound goalie, and that is exactly how I see it. I don't know the tally, but as a goalie dad, I KNOW that he had over 40 shots. However, he played from his bag of tricks, and once again, the Sioux got robbed.

We consistently outshoot our opponent's, and can't put the puck in the net. One more thing I can guarantee, is that the Sioux shot more than 50 times, and only 40 found their way to the net. From the sound of it, the scoring chances on the shots taken were kinda weak again. The Sioux tend to take many shots toward the net, but a lot of them don't go 'on goal'. I don't know what to think! I just HOPE!