SiouxSports.com Forum

New Sioux Podcast

sioooux

Found siouxcast.com well checking out www.thelastshot.com the one that was talked about a while ago on here. Sounds like one of the guys has started his own sioux podcast. It's only about 10 minutes long and said he will do it once a week i think, check it out could be something good he's got going on sioux sports.

just listened to the 1st siouxcast. it was decent. cool that someone is atempting this though. just sounded liek he read the whole thing off a piece of paper. not bashing him because im sure it will only get better and is tough. it was the 1st one so good luck to whomever is doing this if you read this which i assume you will.

Wow, looks like the website and podcast got posted on here before I could even setup my account.

Many thanks to sioooux for mentioning the site and everyone who has responded, listened or simply visited the website.

To answer a few questions:

1.) Everything should be working as far as iTunes is concerned. You can find Sioux Cast in the directory now, and if you're having troubles please use the iTunes link provided off the website.

2.) There are other ways to get the show, as in it can be played straight off the website with the built in player or there is a link to download the mp3 there as well.

3.) Haha, no doubts the first show was "canned." I didn't want to be a babeling idiot trying to explain what Soiux Cast was going to be, so I felt it easiest to prepare something. Other than the talking points and some "News Desk" items, the entire show will NOT be me reading, it'll be as "live" as podcasting can be.

Feel free to send me as much feedback as possible and thanks again to all those who have listened. Your feedback and help is greatly appreciated. I'll put up a new show sometime between Wednesday night and Friday morning, most likely Thursday night if I had to guess.

Thanks as always and Go Sioux!

Sioux Cast

Episode 2 is available for public consumption. I hate bumping threads but I did just want to get one more bump so everyone catches episode 2. I will only reply from now on in this thread if someone has a question. Thanks to all the listeners and great Sioux fans, I hope you enjoy it. Thanks again!

Episode 2 is available for public consumption. I hate bumping threads but I did just want to get one more bump so everyone catches episode 2. I will only reply from now on in this thread if someone has a question. Thanks to all the listeners and great Sioux fans, I hope you enjoy it. Thanks again!

keep bumping on new episodes for sure, good job!

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Siouxcast,

Is there a way to read a transcript of your show? If it is already there, please forgive me. Just a few years ago, I could barely even get on websites and didn't have an email address. My brother has dragged me kicking and screaming into the 80's! Thanks for the help and your show.

Hello Siouxcast,

Is there a way to read a transcript of your show? If it is already there, please forgive me. Just a few years ago, I could barely even get on websites and didn't have an email address. My brother has dragged me kicking and screaming into the 80's! Thanks for the help and your show.

JFR, Thanks for the post! I do not currently have a transcript of my shows. I will take an attempt to help you listen to the show and if that doesn't work let me know and I'll try type up some transcripts.

Steps to listen: In your web browser go to: www.siouxcast.com

Click the "Play" button on any episode as pictured in the photo below:

scplayer.jpg

That's it.

Let me know if it works for you and as always Go Scarlet Knights, Go Sioux!

• 1 month later...

Hey everybody, I know it has been a while since I've posted in here! I have done a few "fun" episodes lately but nothing too in depth. Plenty more good Fighting Sioux info on Sioux Cast coming in 2007 though I have a quick question for everyone tonight.

The other podcast I have been on (The Last Shot Podcast) has recently gone live on TalkShoe.com

I'm wondering if anybody is around right now that is just itching to talk Sioux hockey before the big weekend series with Alaska. It is pretty simple, go to www.talkshoe.com sign up for an account, and then you can grab your cell phone and dial into the show if you'd like to talk. While the show is going on you can listen live while dialed in, or live on your computer by using the orange button next to the show's name. I will use The Last Shot Podcast show name at this time since I haven't had a chance to setup one for SiouxCast. Anyone interested? If I get a couple replies of people wanting to call in and talk I'll start up a show and post a notice on here. Let me know!

• 2 weeks later...

The new Sioux podcast is up - lots of talk about the upcoming series vs. Minnesota and "the art of roadtripping". Check it out at http://siouxcast.com. I thought I'd put a plug in since I was the guest on the show and recorded the interview. Please check it out - Tony is doing a great job.

Be warned that the podcast is about 30 minutes long...

Sioux18