SiouxSports.com Forum

The Cup is ....

Sioux Traveler

Nice of Commie to bring the Cup to REA. Those of us living in bouncyball country expect to see pics on this site. :love::lol:

I believe it will also be back to Detroit Lakes to Shoreham Hotel if I have been correctly informed. That will be twice in the same summer. First by one of the front office folks who have relatives here now by Mike.

Here's a story from the Edmonton Sun about Mike Commodore and Ray Whitney bringing the cup to their hometown of Fort Saskatchewan.

Fort Saskatchewan's cup runneth over.

The city that boasts two members of the 2006 Stanley Cup champion Carolina Hurricanes rolled out the red carpet yesterday for defenceman Mike Commodore and left-winger Ray Whitney, who had the coveted Stanley Cup in tow to share with family, friends and fans.

"I've been looking forward to being back here and sharing our success with the community," said Commodore.

Commodore's alma mater, the University of North Dakota, is flying his family and the Stanley Cup to Grand Forks for a portion of the weekend, and from there they're heading to Vancouver Island for a short visit.

I believe it will also be back to Detroit Lakes to Shoreham Hotel if I have been correctly informed. That will be twice in the same summer. First by one of the front office folks who have relatives here now by Mike.

It may not make it back to DL. One of the two guys who was going to pick up the cost to get it here was just diagnosed with cancer and the owner of Shoreham is not longer sure it will get here. Too bad but still great for GF.

It may not make it back to DL. One of the two guys who was going to pick up the cost to get it here was just diagnosed with cancer and the owner of Shoreham is not longer sure it will get here. Too bad but still great for GF.

One of the two guys who was going to pick up the cost to get it here was just diagnosed with cancer??? - Care to go into details - like whom?