SiouxSports.com Forum

Satellite Move for The Fighting Sioux Sports Network

cheesemover

Had a hard time getting the channel to scan in. I had the montana football game fine yesterday, so I thought it would be as easy as doing a manual scan on the TP with my fortec classic NA, but no dice! Hopped online and saw iceberg was getting it fine. I panicked (thought I was going to have to be climbing out on the ladder to tweak my dish), but alas a blind scan picked it up (whew!). No problem with sound here (of course I missed the start of the game). The TP was a little different that what I had before, not sure why, but not going to worry about that anymore (game ON, Sioux lead 2 to 1 at the end of the first period, and WOW this is so AWESOME to get to watch the Sioux hockey game!!!!!! ???

Hey, I just saw an advertisement for Sioux sports weekly, will that be on FSSN too? Just curious!

Go SIOUX!!!!!!

I think it is way too funny they are playing the bison! Was hoping I would get to hear the bison joke at the start of the game (the one iceberg hinted they pull every year). Maybe I can get the recap :)

Had a hard time getting the channel to scan in. I had the montana football game fine yesterday, so I thought it would be as easy as doing a manual scan on the TP with my fortec classic NA, but no dice! Hopped online and saw iceberg was getting it fine.

the symbol rate for the Montana game was 6148 and the FSSN is 4880 so you would have either had to do a blind scan (like you did) or manually change the symbol rate in the transponder setup

Was hoping I would get to hear the bison joke at the start of the game (the one iceberg hinted they pull every year). Maybe I can get the recap ???

he didnt do the exact one this year but said

"The Sioux take on the Bisons.......the Manitoba Bisons"

blackheart

Sioux are on audio 1 left channel only. Make sure the volume on your receiver is all the way up (some boxes will reset to very minimal if unplugged for a while or factory reset)

When the screen comes up, the songs are still there so you should be able to test the audio then ???

blackheart

Sioux are on audio 1 left channel only. Make sure the volume on your receiver is all the way up (some boxes will reset to very minimal if unplugged for a while or factory reset)

When the screen comes up, the songs are still there so you should be able to test the audio then ???

thanks Ice...I'll give it a shot....

I finally got my FTA satellite installed today with the help from my girlfriends brother who is a DirectTv installer. I have a question...I have read that the Sioux feed is only up about 15 minutes before the game starts. We are on the Intelesat Americas 8 @ 89*W and have done a search to where it brings up the channel listing. When it gets closer to game time, will it show a channel listing for UND Game vs. XXXX, the FSSN, or some other channel? It isn't showing anything now and I realize that since its not close to game time.

Another question I had was...since I have this running through my VCR, can I set my VCR to record at a certain time on Line 2 for this Satellite channel? Unfortunately, I have to work tonight at 7 and won't be here to do a scan. Sucks, first night I get the satellite working I have to work a 12 hour over night, get off and sleep on my birthday. Go figure... ???

I finally got my FTA satellite installed today with the help from my girlfriends brother who is a DirectTv installer. I have a question...I have read that the Sioux feed is only up about 15 minutes before the game starts. We are on the Intelesat Americas 8 @ 89*W and have done a search to where it brings up the channel listing. When it gets closer to game time, will it show a channel listing for UND Game vs. XXXX, the FSSN, or some other channel? It isn't showing anything now and I realize that since its not close to game time.
Once the signal comes up (they literally flip a switch to turn the transmitter on) you will have signal quality. You still have to scan in the channel which logs (I think) as

So here I go with year 3 of the dish....it's been awesome so far...last week I watched the Sioux beat up on Manitoba but no sound available....tonite it was doing the same thing so I did a manual scan of the Sioux coordinates and the sound came in right away....the best $250 I ever spent....thanks PSB and FSSN!

cool

sometimes just a fresh scan will do the trick :ohmy: Glad you got the game (with sound this time) :0

iceberg - hopefully you will know. How come when I do an auto scan (blind scan) on my Traxis 3500 receiver on the Intelesat 8 89w it freezes at 56%:glare: It wasn't doing this yesterday and I think I messed it up somehow.

However, with that small minor detail. My beautiful and wonderful girlfriend assures me that this will still pick up the Sioux on FSSN tonight. She is telling me to calm down and just wait 15 minutes before the game and we will do a scan to pick up the feed. This works now for the ABCNews channels. I'm not so sure...

Kick A$$, my wonderful beautiful girlfriend was right :glare: She set up the satellite with the FSSN and the feed is up and it is working perfect now with sound and a 73% signal quality! I have it recording to my VCR since we are getting ready to leave to go out for my birthday. But Ankeny, IA has now entered into the FTA Satellite era with FSSN and the Sioux!

I will have to take a picture of where I have my satellite setup and a picture of my tv with the Sioux on it.

Just one thing I have posted in my previous reply. When I do an Auto Scan it still hangs on 56% and I just have to exit out of it. Yesterday was fine, now its not. Is there a way to reset it or fix this since I can't get all of the channels in the list.

I am so excited now! I have thought about this for 3 years now and finally have it. It is by far the best $257 I have spent ever. Thanks to PSB and others who have helped.

Kick A$$, my wonderful beautiful girlfriend was right :glare: She set up the satellite with the FSSN and the feed is up and it is working perfect now with sound and a 73% signal quality! I have it recording to my VCR since we are getting ready to leave to go out for my birthday. But Ankeny, IA has now entered into the FTA Satellite era with FSSN and the Sioux!

cool. 73 quality sounds about right. I know Pete (PSB) said he was at a 75 quality on his TRaxis. (he has a 1m dish)

I will have to take a picture of where I have my satellite setup and a picture of my tv with the Sioux on it.
would love to see pictures :ohmy:

Just one thing I have posted in my previous reply. When I do an Auto Scan it still hangs on 56% and I just have to exit out of it. Yesterday was fine, now its not. Is there a way to reset it or fix this since I can't get all of the channels in the list.

I honestly don't know. I don't have a Traxis. You might want to e-mail PSB about it. He should know (he has a Traxis)

I am so excited now! I have thought about this for 3 years now and finally have it. It is by far the best $257 I have spent ever. Thanks to PSB and others who have helped.

I set my DVD recorder/Hard Drive to turn on at 6:58 and left the box on when I left to go to my mom's. Came home and its recording :0

Yeah, I think it is right on par with others I have seen. Sometimes it jumps around 73, 74, 75, and even a few 76 and 77 but average is on 73. I have the 30" Winegard dish.

You bet!

Yes, I will have to email PSB regarding this.

Yeah, I am still back in the dinosaur ages LOL. The next thing I am going to get for this is the Slingbox and some kind of DVR or PVR system to hook up to my network to view on my computer on on my girlfriends wireless laptop. The Slingbox hooks AV equipment up to the network and you can watch your TV, Satellite, Cable, Tivo, VCR, PVR, etc... anywhere in the world, even in an airplane at 35,000ft.

Slingbox webpage

Seems there is a transponder on IA-8 that messes up some receivers making them freeze when they get to this transponder!

You can change to just Horizontal or Vertical polarity and scan the satellite, this way you will by pass the BAD transponder.

Even easier is just enter the Sioux transponder manually, the trick is you have to come all the way down to SEARCH before you will ever see signal quality, has caught our a few of us!

So to add the Sioux transponder to a Traxis DBS 3500..........

MENU

LEFT LEFT LEFT LEFT

To Antenna set up.

Come down to Transponder (TP) scan. hit OK

Come down to TP Frequency.

Enter 12044

Come down to Symbol rate enter 4880

Come down to polarity enter V.

Come down to SEARCH and the quality should appear. (If dish is pointed correctly)

Also someone was asking about recording games, you can use the DVB World USB receiver hooked to your dish for that, it even has a timer to help record directly to your computers hard drive! Amazing, is just like a mini Tivo!

Hey guys!

Word to the WISE.

If you do happen to come over to the SatelliteGuys.US FTA forum

PLEASE do not mention the Sioux satellite feed by name or freq. in our open area, feeds/channels NOT listed on Lyngsat are not mentioned there, its one SURE way for channels/feeds to be scrambled. THANKS for understanding! We ALL want these games FTA for as long as possible!

Hey just did an install for legand Sioux Gollie LEFTY Curran :D What a gentleman!

GO SIOUX!

If you have Dish Network or DirecTv you can't get it.

The setup is called free to air which consists of a 30" or larger dish, a FTA receiver and a LNB. If you remember the old "big dish" (C-band) it was able to be moved to different satellites in the sky. The new verison is KU Band (30" or larger dish). You aim it at the satellite that the Sioux use to beam up the feed to the cable companies and pick up the signal. The "Feed" is up from 15 minutes before game time (they literally flip a switch and turn the juice on) to about 5 minutes after then **poof** its gone.