SiouxSports.com Forum

Satellite Move for The Fighting Sioux Sports Network

cheesemover

normally they do which makes it weirdr. Last year they posted them for the alumni to tune in the games (also the whole state of Montana shows the games so they pick the feed up and insert their own commercials) so this is just odd. Maybe they'll update it in the next day or so. Otherwise I'll post them when I find it.

It probably won't be 4880 :silly: The feed last year came up 1/2 hour earlier (1:30 CDT).

• Downvote 1

Hey Iceberg, Montana St. also broadcast almost all of their games last year on AMC 5. The coordinates on their website are the same as last year. If you find the coordinates for their games or happen to stumble across the game on Saturday, let us know if ya don't mind. :silly: I'll post them if I come across them too!

Saturday's Montana state game isn't televised :silly: The 1st two arent but the ones form 9/16 on are. Montana has all games televised.

I'm still trying to find out if next weeks Northeastern/NDSU game that WDAY/WDAZ and the other ABC's in NoDak are showing will be on FTA somewhere.

If you want to make sure your FTA box is working (for those who only use it for the Sioux) there is a football game on there right now

Montana vs. South Dakota Stae (feed is up now at 1:30 CDT)

IA8

12044 freq

V

6148 symbol rate

Good way to make sure your dish is tuned properly ;)

If you want to make sure your FTA box is working (for those who only use it for the Sioux) there is a football game on there right now

IA8

12044 freq

V

6148 symbol rate

Good way to make sure your dish is tuned properly :D

Thanks for letting us newbies know! My signal strength varied between 50 and 60 percent. Should I be expecting more than that (wondering if I should try to tweak my dish at all)?

Also, my blind scan found it at 12047 freq, and the symbol rate was 6150. Of course being a newbie I know nothing, but it seems odd, do you know why that would be? I have the fortec classic NA receiver.

IA8

12044 freq

V

6148 symbol rate

Good way to make sure your dish is tuned properly :D

Thanks Iceberg...you da' man!!

Thanks for letting us newbies know! My signal strength varied between 50 and 60 percent. Should I be expecting more than that (wondering if I should try to tweak my dish at all)?

Also, my blind scan found it at 12047 freq, and the symbol rate was 6150. Of course being a newbie I know nothing, but it seems odd, do you know why that would be? I have the fortec classic NA receiver.

The Classic reads the signal a little low. I had a 65 on the Fortec Ultra. I know my dish is peaked (I have a fixed dish at IA8 and was out before hand peaking the signal) so that signal is right

All LNB's seem to have a little "slack" when blind scanning so that is normal. A couple off the published numbers is fine. I blind scanned it at 12043 V 6147 so mine was off too :D

Hey Iceberg, Montana St. also broadcast almost all of their games last year on AMC 5. The coordinates on their website are the same as last year. If you find the coordinates for their games or happen to stumble across the game on Saturday, let us know if ya don't mind. :D I'll post them if I come across them too!

Bin

I did find the Montana State/Chadron State game yesterday (even though everything I read said "no tv"

AMC5 and same spot as last year...

There are a couple feeds up all the time

ABCNewsNow and ABCNewsOne are on there. I forget which one is where but one is at

11955 freq

V

3978 symbol rate

and the other si at

V

Also, Montana Grizzlies football likes to use IA8 for games. 2 weeks ago they used the same frequency as the Sioux will use. If I know the coordinates before Saturday I'll post :D

There are a couple feeds up all the time

ABCNewsNow and ABCNewsOne are on there. I forget which one is where but one is at

11955 freq

V

3978 symbol rate

and the other si at

V

Also, Montana Grizzlies football likes to use IA8 for games. 2 weeks ago they used the same frequency as the Sioux will use. If I know the coordinates before Saturday I'll post :D

Got the ABC's - thanks much. Would like to watch the Montana Griz's game this weekend just to check - thanks again.

A good site for checking out college hockey games on TV this year. Not yet complete, but games will be added (CSTV, ESPNU) when schedules are complete.

I see that site has a few ESPNU & CSTV Logo's scattered throughout. Does that mean that they are sure of a few games they will televise, not all, or have ESPNU adn CSTV just cut way back on covering college hockey? :silly:

Got the ABC's - thanks much. Would like to watch the Montana Griz's game this weekend just to check - thanks again.

2 weeks ago they were on

12044 freq

V polarity

6148 symbol rate

hopefully they are there this weekend

The coordinates are the same tomorrow for Montana as the ones Iceberg posted above. I'd guess that is where they'll be all season, they stayed in the same spot last year. Game starts at 2:00 central time. Like Iceberg said, good time to make sure your dish is working right. First FSSN game is a week away!

bin

they probably wont have all the games here. The Sioux have 1st dibs on the transponder (Montana seems ot resrve it 2 days beforehand) so there are some clash times...but we wont have to worry about that ;)

I have to finish peaking this bad boy :silly:

Picture of the dish to tweak

Another photo

Yes I do have a LNB there for the Sioux games ;)

I have a question for those using these satellites to watch the Sioux games. Do any of you have a PVR (Personal Video Recorder) with these? If you don't know, these allow you to record tv, dvd, cable, satellite shows to a hard drive and then watch at a later date while skipping commercials much like TIVO does.

Reason I ask is, I am finally ready to place my order from PSB for the Traxis 3500 motorized system

However, I have also found this which is a FTA satellite reciever box with a PVR built in. It also has an ethernet hookup to be able to network and watch shows on other computers in the house. Since I have a network, I would like something like this.

There are a few others but I can't find them right now. Anyone have any experience with these? What I may do, is instead of buying that package from PSB. I would just buy a dish and motor from PSB and then buy this Dreambox reciever box.

Any other ideas?

Thanks

I have a question for those using these satellites to watch the Sioux games. Do any of you have a PVR (Personal Video Recorder) with these? If you don't know, these allow you to record tv, dvd, cable, satellite shows to a hard drive and then watch at a later date while skipping commercials much like TIVO does.

Reason I ask is, I am finally ready to place my order from PSB for the Traxis 3500 motorized system

However, I have also found this which is a FTA satellite reciever box with a PVR built in. It also has an ethernet hookup to be able to network and watch shows on other computers in the house. Since I have a network, I would like something like this.

There are a few others but I can't find them right now. Anyone have any experience with these? What I may do, is instead of buying that package from PSB. I would just buy a dish and motor from PSB and then buy this Dreambox reciever box.

Any other ideas?

Thanks

Sounds good....The two people I would ask about the PVR would be PSB and the Iceberg....

I have my FTA box hooked to a stand alone DVD recorder/hard drive so I can record it to the HD, remove commercials and then burn to a DVD.

I use to have a box with a PVR in it (Pansat 6000) and the thing was so buggy I sold it within a month. It would stu-stu-stutter on the screen and when you played back a recorded program :blush:

Havent worked with the Dreambox before.

wonder what kind of price tag is on it