SiouxSports.com Forum

Stafford signs!

BB9

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the info. As you probably summized, I was wondering if there could be a financial benefit to Drew if he stayed and became a free agent.

By the way, Brady Murray told me he was definitely coming back last year at the frozen four. Lets face it, money is powerful. I for one would love to see Drew stay and take a run at the Hobey. It would be rather special and potentially unprecedented to have 3 Hobey finalists on the same team.

Good luck Drew

after a personal conversation with Brady Murray online since he has been in Switzerland, I can easily address that. He didnt leave cause of the amount of money offered. he said he left because of the fact that the rules of drafting were changing in switzerland, dealing with whether you were actually swiss born, your parents, etc. although it does come down to the fact that if he was considered a full swiss citizen by birth in the old rules, if he waited another year, he would have not fallen under that classification. the irony here is, it DOES come down to money. as a swiss citizen he would get paid more than a non-citizen player. so, therefore, directly, it wasnt an issue of money, it was an issue of availability and timing. indirectly, yes it was a money issue, but not directly. so you can take it whichever way you want i guess haha. but yeah, that is his story.

after a personal conversation with Brady Murray online since he has been in Switzerland, I can easily address that. He didnt leave cause of the amount of money offered. he said he left because of the fact that the rules of drafting were changing in switzerland, dealing with whether you were actually swiss born, your parents, etc. although it does come down to the fact that if he was considered a full swiss citizen by birth in the old rules, if he waited another year, he would have not fallen under that classification. the irony here is, it DOES come down to money. as a swiss citizen he would get paid more than a non-citizen player. so, therefore, directly, it wasnt an issue of money, it was an issue of availability and timing. indirectly, yes it was a money issue, but not directly. so you can take it whichever way you want i guess haha. but yeah, that is his story.

Uhhhhhhhhh, what ?

lol i think someone just wants staffy out. otherwise, you wouldnt be so keen to give up on the possibility of him coming back. let me ask you something. where are you from? because i live in Grand Forks, go to school at UND, and had a class with drew last semester. he said then that he didnt think he was gonna leave. i nkow its been a while since then, but you never know. now, please, enough with the crappy mood about him ok? at least until it is announced officially, IF it is announced officially.

well said! thank you. :lol:

Boston College in 2000 I believe(maybe 2001) had three of the final ten Hobey finalists. They were Mottau, Gionta, and Farkas.

It hasn't happened since and I doubt it will ever happen again no matter what kind of years Stafford, Oshie and Toews have. In '02 the Gophers should have had three finalists but only had one. Pohl led the nation in scoring while Taffe was fifth in the nation in points and third in goals, but neither were among the final ten.

Even if Stafford did come back, which will NEVER happen, I think Oshie and Toews are stronger hobey candidates anyway.

did you really just say that? :lol::lol:

The day is not over yet, but you got dibs if bucky and I don't argue for the duration of the day.

Ok, since hell as obviously frozen over, I call that I get to drive the Zamboni!

Since there are two Zambonis, I was going to call dibs on that one but after reading UNDintheNHL's posts, I'm now too dizzy to drive and soon will be too drunk to drive! :lol:

Since there are two Zambonis, I was going to call dibs on that one but after reading UNDintheNHL's posts, I'm now too dizzy to drive and soon will be too drunk to drive! :lol:

Okay, so I gather from reading this forum, the only thing that is for sure is that HockeyMom and Sioux-cia are fighting over who gets to drive the zamboni. :lol: