SiouxSports.com Forum

Who is your favorite Sioux hockey player and why?

Prpichrocks_19

Drew Stafford

Jon Toews

Zac Parise

Mike Commodore

Jordy Parise

Ryan Duncan

I was lucky enough to sing at Ryan Hale's wedding last summer. It was a great honor to sing for that guy, especially since it was a random, last minute fill in. Prpich and Hakstol were 2 of the groomsmen, and I know for sure that Bina was there cause i noticed the neck brace lol. However, at that point, I wasn't following the Sioux players nearly as closely as I do now, so i dont remember who else was there, although i assume his brother David was there too. It was an honor.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Despite growing up in G.F., I was never really a Sioux fan. It was really the underperforming early-mid 90s teams that had some fun players and no bandwagon fans that got me into the Sioux (and started this site). So, to give shout outs to some players from that era...

Marty Schriner -- definitely my first favorite player on the Sioux. Tough guy, Prpich might be the closest analogy today. Whenever he stepped onto the ice I kept my eyes on him because that's where something good was going to happen.

Landon Wilson -- most hyped incoming Sioux player of the 90s, unfortunately that led the refs to stick to him like glue. He'd get cross-checked and the refs would give him 2 minutes for interference. That, plus promising talent, led to him to leave early for the pros at a time when that was still very uncommon. I truly believe that his contribution made UND more attractive as a stepping stone to the NHL, which has helped us pull in a lot of the talent we have today.

Between guys like that, Johnson, Murphy, Bombardir, Naumenko, Hoogsteen, we really had some good teams that could have done something if our goaltending hadn't been a black hole.

I'd have to agree with most: Archibald was unbelievable.

Here's mine

1) Jim Archibald

2) Jason Blake

3) Bob Joyce

4) Mike Commadore

5) Matt Green

Honorable Mentions:

Scott Koberinski, Grant Paranica and Scotty Bower. All three great guys and worked their tails off on the 1987 team. Grant was truly a physical force on that team and, while Eddie got much of the press, Scott really set the tone in 1986 and 1985. (Really hated to see him pass away: Great guy!!) Plus, having Kobes on the bench as a "volunteer assistant" this year had to be a big help.