SiouxSports.com Forum

Sat UND Party

Sioux Hockey Fanatic

Does anyone know if they are still planning to have the pregame party for Sioux Fans on Sat? And what time does it start. We are thinking about going down for the open skate and stuff and look for tickets to Sat game but wouldn't mind hanging out with Sioux Fans if we can't get tickets.

We are wondering the same thing. It has been removed from the alumni website. Starting time was 3 or 3:30 pm. We will likely be there. We were at the Buckhead Saloon last night for almost 5 hours. It is evidently the place to be as it was rocking. Talked with a couple of employees when we got there. They said that they got goosebumps when the UND band came in playing on Thursday. That was a lot of fun, and the place was packed.

I know that a number of Sioux fans have gone home, but we are still here and plan to go to the Saloon this afternoon.

As for tonight's game, I think BC will provide WI some challenges that they haven't seen before. But I also expect that WI will challenge BC. UND and Maine showed that if you can get the puck down low on WI, Elliot isn't all that great of a goaltender. The BC transition game will stress the WI defense. If they crack like the Sioux defense did, it will be a long night for WI. IMHO, obviously.

Also, I have had several people ask me about my Sioux jacket and if we are hassled by the NCAA. After discussing it, they felt that NCAA is way out of line.

I'm sure the business in WI are bummed the Sioux lost. Would have been a lot more green and white throwing dollars around the last few days rather than the few fans that follow BC.

Also, I thought the NCAA was going to ban the Sioux logo for the tournament and make them wear alternative jerseys. What happened?? Did that get postponed until next year?

The NCAA Division II Presidents Committe and the NCAA Executive Committee will make a final ruling on UND's appeal on April 27.

I think you are kind of loose there with "final" , PCM, don't you think? I doubt whatever gets decided on April 27th will be final. The exception might be if the NCAA decides mea culpa (in latin that means BOY WERE WE STUPID :) ). Otherwise it is just one more step in the process.

I think you are kind of loose there with "final" , PCM, don't you think? I doubt whatever gets decided on April 27th will be final. The exception might be if the NCAA decides mea culpa (in latin that means BOY WERE WE STUPID :) ). Otherwise it is just one more step in the process.

No, I'm not being loose at all with the word "final." As it stands right now, that is the date the NCAA has set for deciding all outstanding appeals. Yes, the NCAA could decide to do something else to drag the process out further if it so chooses, but as of right now, it has given no indication that will happen.

If you know something I don't, please share it.

No, I'm not being loose at all with the word "final." As it stands right now, that is the date the NCAA has set for deciding all outstanding appeals. Yes, the NCAA could decide to do something else to drag the process out further if it so chooses, but as of right now, it has given no indication that will happen.

If you know something I don't, please share it.

I was going to ask how long after our appeal is rejected (which it will unless something incredible happens) does UND take the NCAA to court?

I was going to ask how long after our appeal is rejected (which it will unless something incredible happens) does UND take the NCAA to court?

Your guess is as good as mine. My guess is sooner rather than later.