SiouxSports.com Forum

Super Bowl Fix?, or incompetence

petey23

Fix or Incompetence  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Vote here

• Fix was on for Bettis
    • Nope, just that incompetent

Interference call was weak. The T.D. was very close, I just wonder what made that official rule it a T.D. when you could not even tell on replay. If you watch close on that play, the official comes in and is ready to mark the ball short of the goal line with his foot and then decides to give the T.D. The holding play bothers me. How many holding calls did pitts. get called for? Seattle's big plays came back due to holding which goes on every play. I didn't see a make-up holding call against pitts. however. Holmgren must have went to the Denny Green school of clock management, the precious seconds he wasted before half time was unexcusable. All in all, I though seattle outplayed them but could not finish, and pitts. had about 3 big plays that won them the game. Can't wait until next year when the vikings are in the super bowl? HA!!! I am a big vikings fan but I have to even laugh at that.

Pass Interference call was a total joke. I am sick and tired of some people saying it was a blatant push-off and an obvious penalty; the receiver barely touched the defensive player, who was completely out of position in the first place.

The TD was a TD. If you watch the replay with the camera pointed down the goal line, it's pretty obvious that the ball broke the plane of the goal line.

On the first and goal pass negated by holding: I thought I saw a blitzing Steeler get dragged down in a headlock-type move from behind. I think that's what they were calling.

The 15-yard penalty on Hasselbeck was almost as bad as the offensive pass interference call. Since when is tackling a crime? What was he supposed to do, let the guy run it all the way back? Wait, don't answer that..... :silly:

As for the Vikings and the Super Bowl, give them a few years. The Wilfs are cleaning house and they'll spend money that Red "I want to be like Carl Pohlad" McCombs wouldn't. Brad Childress is an up-and-coming coach (not a retread like Jim Fassel) and the team he is inheriting is not talent-depleted like the Texans and 49ers are. I am looking forward to the draft and to seeing us upgrade the running back and offensive line positions. I just hope that when the Vikes get to the Super Bowl, they won't get the Seattle Seahawks Treatment. Oh wait, they already have. Hail Mary anybody? :)